SoCal meet 10/20

XjoEnX

Whenever i woke up i was still tired so i just kept sleeping. Now i gotta figure out how to work my sleeping schedule cus my work asked me to work a double shift tomorrow and its not back to back.

I think the original thought was to do ACH in the day, eat a newcombs ranch and then do boiling crab later but its up for discussion whether people want to do a long day meet or split it into separate days.
Try the SleepCycle app in the App Store. It oddly works for me to wake me up and keep me up instead of hitting the snooze :thumbs up

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Im gonna have to try that when i change jobs. Hopefully it works better than the stock alarm because it either only works half the time or i shut off dual alarms in my sleep with zero recollection.

There was tech on the way home too. We discovered blake (local) is a fatty. :mrgreen:

TheSkygun

Tom, we can do both in one day.i just wasn't sure how it would go. But once joe gets an idea of a day for him will be the day that we can figure it all out.

Btw good news bad news
Good new first : I finished installing the fogs in my car and they run great, just need to aim and tuck wires better

Bad news : I have to mod my lip to get the fog covers on, which might mean fixing my lip. Tom can now jump with joy

Also, I never removed my bumper, didn't have to and only took me 40mins to an hour to do.

XjoEnX

Bad news : I have to mod my lip to get the fog covers on, which might mean fixing my lip. Tom can now jump with joy

Also, I never removed my bumper, didn't have to and only took me 40mins to an hour to do.
What's wrong with the lip? And nice work on getting the bumper off. It shouldn't take you any more than 10 minutes from this point forward. :thumbs up

TheSkygun

It's not mounted correctly

Lol I finished everything in about 40 mins
Never removed the bumper for the install.
I cut out the spot for the fogs and mounted them on with the bumper still on, ran the wires an navigated with my arms. Plugged everything in, tucked a bit, ad took it out for a spin. M build thread at the end as two pics

Local

yeyyy its monday -_____- im home sick with food poisoning.

another successful meet, was good seeing everyone again. the tech sessions were great. We nearly had Tony installing his fogs & about to throw a modified auto ecu with a 2 step right in the parking lot lol. maybe next time.. I was way too excited for that anyway. I'll have to try Toms breather method now that I've finally got my vc to intake hose XD.

Took Nick for a ride along & visa versa, needless to say (probably already said enough) I'm incredibly impressed by his acceleration. Once the new set up is running it is going to be killer.. cant wait. Next stop, headwork for me! hahah. I am a bit concerned about my wheel hop tho. Did some minor research + Nicks advice, and seems to mainly come from suspension, motor mounts & bushings. The only thing left to be done in that regard on mine is the bushings. It really isn't that bad with just me in the car, but with Nick it was playing hop scotch.. Now wondering if it is driver/ skill related or weight issue. My clutch doesnt allow much play either. Thoughts?

Lastly & definitively not least.. Tom & I finally got a stretch or two of some open road on our way home... All ive got to say is Tom did it right & its something to be proud of. Right parts, right combination and the proof is all in the ride. It feels very mechanically sound, from the clutch to the gas pedal.. a lot more feel & response. Now, from a dig he pulled on me, not nearly as bad as before but still noticeable. Tried it a couple more times messing w/ starting gear, RPM & Vtec with the results being nearly the identical. Next, we pulled over and swapped. I immediately noticed how torquey his is out of vtec.. thinking, really these are itr cams?? I thought mine was particularly beefy in that dept. but was pleasantly surprised at how well his picks up. This is where it got interesting, as Tom in my car was keeping up with me in his. Whats changed? Surely driving in a straight line from a dig cannot be too reliant on driver skill. We boiled the fat down.. and what was left.. was fat! Im about ~100 or so pounds more than him. The manner in which he pulled away from me in the earlier pulls was no longer there, if anything it was barely pulling away this time where as before it was very noticeable. A couple more times for good measure :p & we have a good reason to believe that its playing a major roll.

I actually weighed myself this morning & clocked in at 230. I was heavier a couple months ago by 20lbs or so, I'm a big eater & I love it. Its something I've always struggled with and have been trying to address more & more especially as I grow older. I got down to a 'normal' weight a couple years ago but obviously since then its all returned. Ill be working on it, there really is nothing to lose except that crutch. By eating less.. save $$, healthier, sexier, more energy and lastly a faster DC2. Its worth it, just need to focus.

Thanks for a great Saturday evening everyone, had a blast once again. Cant wait for next month:thumbup:

NastyDB8

Damn bro food poisoning?! that sucks. Ha ha Local you a fatty...lol (I wonder why?) maybe you should take the Yakima rack off and save some weight right there. Well nothing to brag about in my car for ride alongs......yet. ; ) Thanks to Skygun for the bulb..LIVE CI tech session FTW! lol. the quest for 200whp continues....

TheSkygun

Ill take a bike rack :p
Everyone got some type of help with the tech sess but was awesome to have everyone moving around each car problem solving.
Local, probably would have been better to take my bumper off but I was to damn lazy, wasn't going to even install them last night but said screw it and did
Was good fun, next meet should be interesting with the drive

Nick_C78

Took Nick for a ride along & visa versa, needless to say (probably already said enough) I'm incredibly impressed by his acceleration. Once the new set up is running it is going to be killer.. cant wait. Next stop, headwork for me! hahah. I am a bit concerned about my wheel hop tho. Did some minor research + Nicks advice, and seems to mainly come from suspension, motor mounts & bushings. The only thing left to be done in that regard on mine is the bushings. It really isn't that bad with just me in the car, but with Nick it was playing hop scotch.. Now wondering if it is driver/ skill related or weight issue. My clutch doesnt allow much play either. Thoughts?
Thanks man. My car isn't that crazy. It will definitely be more fun with the new short block, and even more fun when I eventually get the exhaust and especially an itr tranny. That final drive will make the acceleration more intense haha.

Yeah dude your wheel hop is pretty bad. I am thinking it is your bushings and maybe your shock settings, maybe play with those nobs a little. You motor mounts are solid aren't they? So not sure if those would be the cause.

Your car itself can shed a lot of weight. A lot of people don't take car weight in to consideration, but 20 pounds here, 15 pounds there, next thing you know your car is over 200 pounds lighter or even heaver if you are adding things instead (such as subs, roof rack, etc). My car is around 2370 right now, compare that to a stock weight gsr, and then to a stock weight gsr with stuff added. So that played a role in why my accelerates faster. Flywheel and valve train also played another role. Don't count your car short though, yours feels pretty solid dude.

I wanted to get a ride in toms and vise versa, or even drive each others. Maybe next time haha.

And X you will be there soon man. I am excited to see what you do with that b20vtec.

Glad the fogs work well for you tony. Cutting out the lip shouldn't be too hard, just don't mess up :p

Last edited:

mdtsdca

It was worth the drive in the rain to finally see the cars in person and meet you guys. Maybe I will show up in a different car next time instead of my daily. It was the oldest car there and only 2nd gen.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Dude we were all diggin the original gsr but bring whatever you like. Get that stock front lip. :thumbs up

All the years though.. what a trip.

Nick thats pretty f***ing light but you have quite a bit taken out. Power to weight. Supposedly i have a itr flywheel which is supposed to be 2lbs lighter than the gsr but we weighed it before putting it in and it was only 1lb lighter so, go figure.

Blake dont forget that in the first pulls i was at most 1 length ahead of you from what i could see. Roughly 2 tenths of a second or less. On paper you should be faster but factor in the things we talked about and that isnt much. What we need to do next is lower rpm and see whether your low cams are puttin in work or not. The more i think about it the more it makes sense that its the weight and some additional drag perhaps. Even out of vtec your power and torque should be there, at least on paper, so throw in the extra factors and then think about when we traded drivers. I actually think i slightly closed the gap during vtec (you shifted to 4th i think) and only maintained speed as i shifted to 4th.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Dude we were all diggin the original gsr but bring whatever you like. Get that stock front lip. :thumbs up
^^Agreed man. Really clean original gsr.

Nick thats pretty f***ing light but you have quite a bit taken out. Power to weight. Supposedly i have a itr flywheel which is supposed to be 2lbs lighter than the gsr but we weighed it before putting it in and it was only 1lb lighter so, go figure.
Hah yeah... Last time I had it weighed it was 2422 with full interior and sound system. Since then I have stripped the rear interior, amp and sub. Combined I estimate it was around 50 lbs, maybe even a little more. Still have more plans to strip weight, while still making it streetable and comfortable. Hmm what made you go with itr flywheel? If you are gonna get a lighter flywheel, go big or go home lol I am happy with my 9lbs exeddy flywheel. All that crap about it hurting mpg isn't true. I still get 31-32 mpg.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Clutch went out last year at a bad time for funds so i bought a used exedy oe replacement that came with a itr flywheel for a good price. I would have probably chosen something like 12lbs if i were intentionally going light.

All that talk about the torque your motor has, i want to see this. It still blows my mind.