Sold My Teg, Bought This..

Jeffbel

Its a 93 SI hatch with a b18a1. I have no clue what was done to the engine, but definitely something because it pulls REALLY hard even in fifth. I picked it up cheap because the engine isn't in the best of health, It blows a little bit of blue smoke in first at 7k and its dripping a bit of oil on my drive way.

I have really no clue what kind of parts are in it. But this is what I know it has by looking.

Updated: 11/30/12
B16b CTR
B16 cams (mine got jacked)
Ls trans, I have to commute 2 hours a day. Sold the ctr trans.
K&N Intake
Msd external coil ignition
Ishimoto Slip-pipe Headers
Skunk2 Megapower from header back
Magnaflow muffler (not the gay can)
Chipped ctr ecu on chrome, tuned by Cortney Green
Oem Type-R pulley
OEM Replacement Radiator

Rays 57 reps 16x7 +43
Stock Suspension
K-sport LCAs
Energy suspension master bushing kit
New inner-outer tie rods
New ball joints

Duckbill
Front lip
Thin Side-Moldings
EK Skirts
Smoked Headlights, Corners, and Sidemarkers
Flat Black Paint
8k HIDs

Ek Front Seats
Type-r Rear Seat
Blacked out Interior
Red Gauge and Climate Control Lights
Gsr Dual Bend
Type-r Replica Shift Boot
20% tint fronts 5% everything else
Diamond 10" sub in Custom Fiberglass Box

Last edited:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
he tinted the only 2 windows bc he didnt want to get hassled by cops. so you bought a car you dont know what was done to it? maybe you jumped the gun a little to early bro..

Jeffbel

I'm thinking so. I'm starting the engine rebuild tomorrow. I'll be able to see everything then

Havok114

Looks good if I were to sell my teg I would get a EG aswell .

Jeffbel

AND DAMN! The suspension, I really want to take a closer look, I took a few corners at increasing speed. Cornered at 50, absolutely NO body roll. 3 gear has a little trouble going into gear.

j13

Keep It Clean
Very cool man, look over all the suspension, who know something might be Jerry rigged. Just make sure it's safe to drive before you revv to 100k RPMs and do 150mph lap around your block.

dlo253

Been debating between an eg shell or a dc shell. Not a bad project you Got there, whatd ya pay? Just Make sure you go over every nut and bolt. You can't trust people these days. If I never did that on my db2, I'd either be dead or just be left with a pile of parts. Lol.

Alvi84

I doubt there is much good done to the motor. Most likely just a swap and you think the "pull" is stronger because the motor has less weight (EG hatch compared to DC integra) to pull around. Specially if it is burning oil you are losing some compression numbers through the piston rings and/or valve seals.

None the less, good find. I like the color combo and have a soft spot for civic hatches.

Jeffbel

So I got the car up on the lift. The exhaust is total shit, ghetto rigged to the bone. I got the valve cover off and looked around, everything looks really good but its all stock. Not going to lie I was a little dissappointed to not see some cams. I'm going to take off the head tomorrow, maybe. The driver side CV seal is completely destroyed and dripping on to the exhaust. This could be where some of the smell is coming from. Now for the small amount of blue smoke, the spark plug gromments could be attributed but I doubt it. I pull the head and look at the valve seals and the head gasket. I'm doing the oil pan while im at it. How can I tell what head it is? And I guess there are a lot of replicas of the HXS. The guy almost wouldn't give them up. He seriously considered a trade the wheels for a b18C with 40K. I was shocked when he popped the hood on his other civic, total sleeper