some electrical problems

mastershank

after installing my Shark II antenna i noticed some things not working

- Wiper baldes not moving when i spray fluid (have to turn the switch)
- Dome lights not working
- Lights-on-warning sound not working when i have the car off and the lights on

any help would be great, thanks. (99 DC4)

mastershank

thats what i figured the problem is, i havnet had time to check them yet but my day is free tomorrow so i'll check that out

i'll keep it updated.

darrensmit123

All Problem is related to electrical problem and some where problem in the wire like shortcircuit is possible.If you arrised this problem then go to near dealer workshop and checking your car properly and also check the battery charging and battery water.

sylvaner01

yeah check all the fuses underneith the bonnet and in the fuse box, I had a problem simular a while ago

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
the wipers wont automatically start when you use the sprayer. you HAVE to turn the switch or push the lever down.

as for the dome light, pull out the rear panels and check the connection for the door ajar switch.
and/or behind the dome light itself.

wrtd2

Daily Driver
the wipers wont automatically start when you use the sprayer. you HAVE to turn the switch or push the lever down.

as for the dome light, pull out the rear panels and check the connection for the door ajar switch.
and/or behind the dome light itself.
I pulled panels and found nothing. Just found the green and red wire from door switch going into a harness going up to the front of the car along the door.

I have no door chime, dome light, and no indcator on the dash. I also don't have the headlight on indicator. My dome comes on with the passenger door.

If anyone has a diagram of the wires it would help.

wrtd2

Daily Driver
I pulled panels and found nothing. Just found the green and red wire from door switch going into a harness going up to the front of the car along the door.

I have no door chime, dome light, and no indcator on the dash. I also don't have the headlight on indicator. My dome comes on with the passenger door.

If anyone has a diagram of the wires it would help.
I pulled my ICU and took it apart. I found a burnt circuit. Going to try and get another, might try and fix it if I can find my solder. I'm thinking the ICU is at fault since only the driver door isn't turning the dome light on. I have traced wire and checked for broken, dirty and bad swith. All is good.

wrtd2

Daily Driver
I pulled my ICU and took it apart. I found a burnt circuit. Going to try and get another, might try and fix it if I can find my solder. I'm thinking the ICU is at fault since only the driver door isn't turning the dome light on. I have traced wire and checked for broken, dirty and bad swith. All is good.
$300 looks like i'll try my hand at repairing it myself. If that don't work i'll be hitting the junkyards.

wrtd2

Daily Driver
$300 looks like i'll try my hand at repairing it myself. If that don't work i'll be hitting the junkyards.
Mine is fixed. I got dome lights, lights on indicator, door adjar indicator, key in switch beep and seat belt warning are all working.
In my case it was the ICM? ICU? I repaired the burnt circuit. This isn't a job for everyone so up to you. the ICU is mounted to the top of the fuse box.
Not saying this is a cure for everyones issues but it's possible but rule out the driver door switch first.

My dome light wouldn't come on with driver door but did with passenger side and the issues that are now working I mentioned earlier. If it's just the light not working then this may not be the problem but if there are alot of things acting up then it may be the ICU.

lauraking

Mine is fixed. I got dome lights, lights on indicator, door adjar indicator, key in switch beep and seat belt warning are all working.
In my case it was the ICM? ICU? I repaired the burnt circuit. This isn't a job for everyone so up to you. the ICU is mounted to the top of the fuse box.
Not saying this is a cure for everyones issues but it's possible but rule out the driver door switch first.

My dome light wouldn't come on with driver door but did with passenger side and the issues that are now working I mentioned earlier. If it's just the light not working then this may not be the problem but if there are alot of things acting up then it may be the ICU.
Great!! Tried your method and fixed the problem right now. Thank you very much!!

Last edited: