Some H2B info for GSR needed

Lo Key

So I've been searching on the internet, and it seems like all I can find are either people's build threads, videos of swaps already done, or just people saying "It's the best swap for the money." I'm new to swaps, the only thing I've done is replaced my H22 that was in my lude because of a spun rod.

My plan is to drop an H2B into my 2000 GSR in the near future. I love my teg, but I miss the power my lude had. Now I've already got a GSR motor/tranny under the hood, that has a compression leak in cylinders 1 and 4 but the tranny seams good and doesn't grind.

The parts list that I've gathered is:

-H22a
-GSR Tranny
-P28 ECU (I've read it needs to be tuned? Not sure on that part)
-H2B kit (I'm going with the eVolution kit w/new mounts)
-Conversion Harness (Does it need to be OBD2B to OBD1?)
-Injector Resistor Box (I honestly have no idea what this is, what car it needs to be from, or what it does)
-Alternator Relocator (Moves it about 1/2" over from what I'm reading because the stock Alt won't fit)
-D series Alternator (Does it matter which kind? Is this the only option?)
-Single Channel Crank Pulley (What does this eliminate being single channel?)
-Balance Shaft Cover Plate (What is a balance shaft and why does it need a cover?)
-Logic H2B Tri-Y header

I apologize for being a noob about this, it's just I can't seem to find any clear answers in people's build threads. If anyone can help me with the list above I'd greatly appreciate it.

A few more questions though.

-Is there anything else that I would need aside from the list above? Or any recommendations?
-Would I be able to keep Power Steering and A/C? It gets hot with leather seats, and I'd love to keep the A/C.
-Will putting my ITR front end on effect anything on the swap?
-If you were in my situation and you had the money, would you use the tranny you have now or order a slightly used JDM one? Or just rebuild?

Once again, help is appreciated.

j13

Keep It Clean
Sorry I'm no help when it comes to H series, but low key, it would have been cool if you built up a b20 bottom end, gsr head, and gsr trans. high compression n/a with itr cams and pull hard.

Lo Key

Sorry I'm no help when it comes to H series, but low key, it would have been cool if you built up a b20 bottom end, gsr head, and gsr trans. high compression n/a with itr cams and pull hard.

Not a bad idea, but I've been back and forth between other swaps and the H2B for a while and my mind is pretty made up about it.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Ok so u need to go obd1 so u can tune(can't tune obd2)...the single channel pulley eliminates PS and ac...injector resistor box is needed if going to obd1 because obd2 injectors are high impedance (obd1 are low impedance)...any d alternator will work fine, just try to find one with higher amp rating...gsr trans should work fine...don't know about jdm front end but it all basically lines up the same...hope this helps a lil bit...btw I'd keep the gsr...imo u can make more power on a worked gsr over the h22 which has frm lined cylinder walls which need to be replaced or bored out to make serous power...

Last edited:

Lo Key

Ok so u need to go obd1 so u can tune(can't tune obd2)...the single channel pulley eliminates PS and ac...injector resistor box is needed if going to obd1 because obd2 injectors are high impedance (obd1 are low impedance)...any d alternator will work fine, just try to find one with higher amp rating...gsr trans should work fine...don't know about jdm front end but it all basically lines up the same...hope this helps a lil bit...btw I'd keep the gsr...imo u can make more power on a worked gsr over the h22 which has frm lined cylinder walls which need to be replaced or bored out to make serous power...
Oddly enough, after reading through about 100 pages of the "official h2b discussion" on HT and seeing how the hoods end up on everyone's civic, I may just drop this altogether. That's a big deal for me, I really don't want my hood jacked up an inch and a half higher at the hinges. Plus, if I DID replace my tranny with a new one, the cost of the swap would end up being more than just buying a new motor/tranny off a website and starting from there.