Some maintenance questions DA 91 coupe GS automatic

supremeda91

i recently bought a 91 da coupe gs automatic.. and i was wondering if you guys can help me out with some issues..

problem #1 - my a/c system blows air but not cold or hot. what could be the problem?

problem #2 - the car throws an engine check light when im driving on the freeway but when i stop and turn off the car and turn it back on it goes away. someone told me it was either my oil is burning or something about my gas.

problem #3 - when i put the car in drive it vibrates alot but when i put it in neutral the vibration greatly decreases. also when i reverse the car kind of kicks a little bit. could this be the transmission mount?

problem #4 - sometimes when i try to start the car i have to crank it about 10 times or more it depends. then it would start even when i give it gas when trying to start the car. but now it starts fine. i was wondering if it could be because the weather is cold or the spark plugs needs to be changed.

any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.

ryukkid

beep beep
first things first have you changed the regular maintenance parts just as oil change oil filter fuel filter spark plugs n wires thermostat all fluids ...it is a 20 year car so some problems are expected

but #1.. i cant help you on that sorry
#2 just put it on a scanner see what code it shows n go on from there
#3maybe its the dizzy or timing
#4 yes the cold weather sucks for these cars..but might be youre starter going out or battery ..

supremeda91

thanks for your suggestions and help..

i really need to get the a/c and heater working because i live in las vegas and summer is hot as hell. but i will do what you suggest and see if anything changes.

ryukkid

beep beep
thanks for your suggestions and help..

i really need to get the a/c and heater working because i live in las vegas and summer is hot as hell. but i will do what you suggest and see if anything changes.
good luck to you man

Devyp2theizo

1 a/c most likley needs to be recharged but probably has a leak,
2 under your dash is a way to check you check engine light or CEL, there should be a post somewhere in here about it, ill try and find it.
3. my dads accord if having this same problem, were thinking its the mounts too, lemme know if you figure anything out for that one :]
4. does it crank slowly at first, or sound like its struggling to crank? if so its your starter, or like ryu said it could be your batter , check that first.
has the car been sitting a while? check all your fluid levels and get that basic tune up :)

dateg88

Ok 1 it simply needs to be charged more than likely u can go to autozone and get a can n do it yourself for 20 bucks
#2 already said check the code the Ecu gives and should be able to fig out real quick
#3 could be ur aaxles u check that there not ripped and spinning the grease punt or it mite be ur low on trans fluid and if u are u mite as well drain the old out and replace it with new
#4 my will do the same wen it gets cold out and I have a brand new battery and starter its just the cold.. just try to stick out till it warms up n see if it changes before u go buy new parts that u don't really need
Hope this helps lmk

hidenplanvew

spark plugs, fuel filter, check motor mounts, change fluid in trans and filter, get tires balanced, possible an alignment, might be coil going bad that why its hard to start. You can get them from honda for 85 and napa for like 60, I replaced my coil and it fixed my hard to start..

Oh pull the code next time it kicks on, Im thinking it might be O2 sensor but thats just a guess

supremeda91

hmm thanks for all the help again.. but about the a/c.. even when i turn it to hot it wont blow hot.. so does that mean something else is wrong with my a/c system?