Some peice of advice for peice of mind

sleepybrown

I currently on a complete virgin 4 door integra. Friday ran across someone with a lowered and full exhaust da integra that wants to trade so him and his wife can pile the kid up in the back so they want my 4 door. straight up trade. tonight i find out though that the ls in it has been sprayed on before and that it smokes a lil bit just white. im figuring if its been sprayed and smokes the rings are fried and if so how much longer does the motor really got on it before having to rebuild the bottom end or replacing the rings.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Eh it depends really, could last..a long time or not so long. But it's really not good to be driving around too long on a messed engine..

sleepybrown

Well whats got me intrested on it was that the fact that is it just got resprayed gunmetal, lowered on skunk2's, and full exhaust. but then the spray part was a red flag to me. im still iffy on getting it but idk whenever i meet up with and talk about it i should know more about this.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Well dude, you could drop your car for a few hundred..and get a hell of a lot more life out of it.

Rich-PMS

Dona compression and leak down test. It'll tell all tales!

sleepybrown

a few hundered bucks i would love to have. im a broke as white boy, going to school and pushing buggys

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Then why a buy a car you KNOW will need the eventual rebuild, most likely much sooner than your current car lol.

Rich-PMS

I've seen plenty of motors run a while after being sprayed!

My friend has a lightning putting down 540whp plus a 200shot of spray. On a STOCK bottom end. Daily driven 50mile round trip to work...

Just because there's a littke white smoke doesn't mean the rings are bad. It's cold (here at least), and alot of cars are puffing a little white smoke.

Just do a compression and leaksown test, it'll determine the condition of the motor. Also check the oil and antifreeze levels and that they're clean/not contaminated.

I'd suggest asking for 500 on top if the motor checks out :)

mirrorimg

I wouldnt trade. A car with no problems is worth 10 times more than a car with potential problems.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
its more about just knowing whats up with the car. if yours runs fine...then why trade for something you dont know the ENTIRE history about...just not worth it, tell him the seats move up and his kids can get in like that. lol