Some questions and opinions on HID

dak

Alrite young buk let me set you straight. The reason people tell you to search is because they know the answers can be found because EXPERIENCE has told them that they can and have found the droids they were looking for. For such a basic question, it means you didnt even look very hard let alone hard enough, for basic information regarding HID. Obviously you dont have the experience or wisdom to know this so dont start telling people theyre approach to it/you is wrong. The very first sentence in your last reply translates into 'im too lazy to thumb through search results and i hope you guys will just answer or do it for me'. The internet is old business and that no longer flies anymore for the most part. I know, i was around in the days when it started and it was very accepted. The lesson here is to be more self reliant and use your resources. In ancient times there was an institution called a library where people had to travel to and manually search through relics of paper bound together with information printed on both sides. Guess what.. now you do the same thing but at your fingertips. Life lesson over.

Color temps with hid's are not the same as wattage. Its color. I'll give you the best example. What's food coloring do to water?

For those of you saying you like your stock's over hid's or you have hid kits... my lights s*** all over yours. :mrgreen:
Where can I find a personal opinion database to see weather or not 4.5k brights were ugly?

Amiguel6

If you are going against peoples opinions, then stick with your own thought. Buy whatever ones you want. Your car, your money, your lights.

dak

I have 96 DC4 USDM and I was wondering what will look nice for brights and normal lights.
I was thinking 10k normal and then 4.5k brights....how would that look pretty ugly or what?
What's the problem wth my topic/post?

Ganyon

What's the problem wth my topic/post?
I don't see anything wrong. Personally, I would do 6,000k all around. The blue will hurt visibility at night. Also, hid's in the high beams aren't that good of an idea. Hids taketime to warm up whe they are turned on, so turning them on and off when using your high beams wi
l resultin having to wait a minute forthem to be bright.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
The color is determined by temperature for example, 4500k = 4500 kelvin

dak

The color is determined by temperature for example, 4500k = 4500 kelvin
I know.

I don't see anything wrong. Personally, I would do 6,000k all around. The blue will hurt visibility at night. Also, hid's in the high beams aren't that good of an idea. Hids taketime to warm up whe they are turned on, so turning them on and off when using your high beams wi
l resultin having to wait a minute forthem to be bright.
I forgot I wouldn't be able to flash the high beams :(

96LSteg

Jemel
and to be quite honest if you get a good set of hids and your lenses are clean you shouldnt ever need to use your high beams. I just left OE bulbs in mines.

rollingrock

Rollingrock
Make sure you buy some High quality ones. Ballasts tend to burn out quick on the cheap ones. I have some in my everyday driver. I like them but the are twitchy in cold or rainy days due to the humidity. I will not do them again though, but thats my two cents.

dak

Make sure you buy some High quality ones. Ballasts tend to burn out quick on the cheap ones. I have some in my everyday driver. I like them but the are twitchy in cold or rainy days due to the humidity. I will not do them again though, but thats my two cents.
What would you prefer then, as in manufacturing company?

jbrown97ls

Mine went to shit after a year and a half. They're still okay in my book. Cheap as hell too. I still want to wait until I can afford a retrofit before changing out my halogens.