some smoke

Russell D

Have you tried the test with the engine both warm and cold? Have you tried a different leak down tester or a regular compression tester?

drekollister

ive only tried it with the engine warm. no i ahvent tried another leakage tester as they arent cheap. i have done compression tests and it works fine with it.

mirrorimg

Sometimes the crank can rotate when that much pressure is introduced into the cylinder pushing the piston down. That would open up the valves, but you would hear some air escaping.

Have you tried just hooking the gauge up to your compressor without hooking it up to the car? Follow the instructions on here, but without the hose installed in the spark plug hole. If you follow them properly, once you connect the hose that would normally go into the spark plug hole, air should come straight out of it.

If it doesnt, you have a problem with the tester.

drekollister

no the tester works correctly. ive just been reading that the gauges are messed up to remove the leakage gauge and put the pressure gauge in its spot and bring the gauge to 100 then connect it and any psi lower then the 100 is a percentage lost. so ill try that and post up later

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Your ECU may just have a basemap in it, if it just has an eprom chip in it then I wouldn't assume it is "tuned".

Have you done anything in my first post to eliminate the chance that it is the turbo?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
At least you'll know something, check for shaft play as well.

You say you don't know what color smoke is coming out, what do your plugs look like? Are you losing oil (more than normal) between oil changes?

drekollister

Well I do have a ltitle leak from the turbo bung and I think the crush washer. The plugs look like their covered in sut. Their is a little side to side movement but none in and out

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Post pics of the plugs

Pull the downpipe off and look in there.

At least do a compression test and see if there is anything off there as well.

drekollister

Did a comp test a few months ago trying to find the issue it was 175-183. Pulled pipes off there covered with sut along with the turbo and down pipe

drekollister

Ok so did the leak down test and all cylinders leaked about 3-5%. This morning when I was sitting in the drive way warming the engine I held it to 2k for a few then 3k towards the end and when I was at 3k smoke was coming from the exhaust what apeared to be blue. So I'm lost now