something I didn't think about with my ticket

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
it sometimes takes time for results from running your plate- then they can/will run your drivers license, make sure you have valid registration.

there's no law on how long a cop can "follow you" that's total bullshit
This. First time i got pulled over the cop followed me for about five minutes before actually pulling me over, and it ended up being nothing so I got lucky

grayghost

The judge can do anything he damn well pleases. Keep that in mind. I was sideswiped on my montorcycle and crashed on the expressway. I was thrown from the bike. After I left (involuntary) the bike slid into the back of a pickup truck. There was no damage to the truck. The car that hit me did not stop. The judge said, "Your motorcycle, wheather you were on it or not, hit that truck, whether it damaged it or not. That by definition is following too close. That will be $500 please." Immediately after that I recieved a contempt of court citation. Everything was reversed on appeal.

If the judge is having a bad day and has a burr up his ass about something you represent to him, you are screwed.

Last edited:

David.95LS

Delwarian
Well just remember to say "Sir" a lot. "Yes sir." "No Sir." ect ect.
Your not going to get off because it was in a different area. Hell for all I know he probably has jurisdiction where he pulled you over. The cops in my city have jurisdiction in the two other cities next to me. :p
If the judge is a women dont do this by any means!

But on a serious note, take defensive driving before you go to court unless you already have taken the course, it will show the judge you had a split second of bad judgement and you have acted on those urges and taken a defensive driving course.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The street address where you were pulled over should be on the ticket. If he wrote the actual place that he pulled you over, it will be hard on him even though you did break the law in his jurisdiction so he is within his power. Unless of course he had his dash cam on which would prove that he tailed you into another jurisdiction after you broke the law in his. If he wrote an address a couple miles back then he's a bastard for doing it and you're f'ed