Something wrong with my alarm?

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Hi everyone,

I think there's something wrong with my alarm. I tried to lock my car earlier, but it did not make the ringing sound that it used to before when I locked it. Nor does it make the double ringing sound when I unlock the car. However, I just tried to "wake up" the siren, so to speak, by locking the car and then using my key to open the door and the siren did go off. Then, thinking that the siren was fine, I stopped the alarm by using the remote to unlock the car, but only the siren stopped, not making the double ringing sound. So, to no avail have I been able to amend the problem. Any suggestions? By the way, the alarm I own is a CompuSTAR alarm, and I believe it's only a 1-way alarm. I can't find the box that it came in since I got it installed by someone. :cry:

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
That sucks. I've been jewed. Shouldn't do anything then, unless I want to replace the brain which is expensive. Might as well go for a new alarm instead.

supersilko

Its in silent mode or valet mode probably

sent from my phone using tapahoe 2

goofygamer

Yeah it possibly is in.silent or valet mode. Bring it by a trustable alarm shop and let them reprogram it again. I think they just have to do something with the valet button.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
I don't know where that would be located. I didn't install it myself :( Let me try to set off the shock sensor.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
well i don't know if I wanna replace the brain since it will be such a hassle. it's not in valet mode either. -_- any other possible reasons that I can check out would be nice. False hope keeps me going