Sound deadening and Heat Insulation?

LightSkinbyYosi

Has anyone had any experience installing auto insulation? I am looking to add some because I have noticed cold air coming in from certain areas including the locks and handles, but also have bad vibration issues. I've started doing some research but first hand experience is always good.

Also there are threads on how to remove old insulation but not how to install them. Also should I assume sound deadening with an aluminum foil face means it had head insulation too?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
sound deadening is what it means. a layer of this on the sheet metal, will keep the metal from vibrating and eliminates vibration of it flexing. Im sure you read that on your search. That wont keep your car insulated any better than the OEM stuff on the floor.

The doors just have the plastic panel and then sheet metal. If you remove the plastic panel, there should be a plastic film covering the inner door. if there are cuts where the holes are, that is a good chance you feel air from the door handle and lock.

Door seals could be getting worn out and not sealing properly. hence why you feel cold elsewhere. Next time you drive, feel where the cold air is coming from and fix as needed.

This route is much cheaper and have better results than sound deadening. Unless you plan to have big bass in your car, I wouldn't waste the money and get zero results of what you are trying to accomplish

Edit: oops, saw that youre having vibration issues as well

Last edited: