Sound System security

Omarlito21

Ive had my system stolen twice from my car already I recently purchased a new one but b4 i put it in i want knw if anyone has done anything to lock the box in place brackets bolt down? Something clean where would you put the amps i had mines on the sides of the box and thats wasent very smart just made it easier for the thief any ideas comments feel free thanx

mirrorimg

Bolt the box to the car. Bolt the amp to the box (Nuts on the inside of the box) and use silicone to seal the holes.

You can install the amp, if its small enough, under the seats, to it is out of sight. Or you can cut your losses and not put suba in your car, or install an alarm with a few horns INSIDE of the car.

Omarlito21

Both times my car was broken into they disconnected the battery so the alarm would not go off is there a way to put a battery in the trunk and run a seperate alarm with that. Also the only worry i had with the bolts was that i hit the gas tank or something while drilling

mirrorimg

You can run a back up battery that will feed the horns even if the main battery is dead.

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
Both times my car was broken into they disconnected the battery so the alarm would not go off is there a way to put a battery in the trunk and run a seperate alarm with that. Also the only worry i had with the bolts was that i hit the gas tank or something while drilling
you can always reroute your hood latch and wire to somewhere less obvious. (and like mirrorimg said above about battery).

Omarlito21

you can always reroute your hood latch and wire to somewhere less obvious.
Hood latch rerouted put in SOMEWHEREt i figured thats the last place a thief would look

You can run a back up battery that will feed the horns even if the main battery is dead.
Dont knw how to go about doing that except 2 buy a new battery haha im not too into electrical stuff but ill look into that ill check what a couple local shops will charge me

Last edited:

mirrorimg

You wouldnt buy a full size battery. Search "back up batter for alarms" and im sure you will see what I am referring to.

A hood latch cable relocation moves the cable from the wheel well, and routes it through the engine bay to the latch. Thiefs have been known to cut open the splash guard in the wheel well, and yank on the cable to pop the hood. If you are lowered, this would also help prevent them from reaching into the wheel well, but you cant ever be too safe.

And you dont really want people to know where your handle to pop the hood is. You certainly dont want it on the outside of the vehicle, where anyone can come along and pop it. I would at least just edit your post telling the world where the handle to pop the hood is.

Omarlito21

A hood latch cable relocation moves the cable from the wheel well, and routes it through the engine bay to the latch. Thiefs have been known to cut open the splash guard in the wheel well, and yank on the cable to pop the hood. If you are lowered, this would also help prevent them from reaching into the wheel well, but you cant ever be too safe.
Yea its lowered and i checked both times to see if they did it through the wheel well but they did not confused i was googling to see how they could have done this since nothing was broken and amazinly i found a website on how to steal acuras and hondas it was a forum like this and thieves would just post how to do it quicker what to do for what yr car it was crazy...........

I looked up the back up battery pretty cool shit and easy to do under 80 bucks ill def invest in that asap thanx

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
your hood cable is acessible thru the front of the bumper so put a cover where your hood latch is.
all DEI alarms have option for backup battery and its not that big a lil bigger than a pack of cigarettes.

one rule to follow is: if they cant take it they will break is and possibly destroy your car because they are pissed off.
heres a good place to stuff your amp but its pretty hard to mount and adjust the settings.

you can also disconnect your trunk pop handle and trunk key cylinder if its a 4 door.

hkgolf

Bolt the box to the car. Bolt the amp to the box (Nuts on the inside of the box) and use silicone to seal the holes.

You can install the amp, if its small enough, under the seats, to it is out of sight. Or you can cut your losses and not put suba in your car, or install an alarm with a few horns INSIDE of the car.

don't ever bolt down the amp to the box reasons why

It prevents the needed ventilation from keeping your amp from overheating, this can also result in your wires shorciruiting and messing up your amp and in rare cases your sub as well.

So, if you have an alarm in your car, add a proximitey sensor, or if you already do, add one more to the back of your car. Bolting the box down is cool, but never bolt down an amp to a box.

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
not necessarily true.
look at JL powerwedge subs
the amp is attached to the back of the box