Spring Compressor

YOYOYO

My skunk 2 coilovers just came in today and I went out and got a spring compressor. I tried the compressors on the skunk 2 coilovers and they dont fit. I was wondering if the stock springs are bigger than the coilovers? Also, I got the only spring compressors taht were there so idk what I would do.

SlammedCivic

YOYOYO said:
My skunk 2 coilovers just came in today and I went out and got a spring compressor. I tried the compressors on the skunk 2 coilovers and they dont fit. I was wondering if the stock springs are bigger than the coilovers? Also, I got the only spring compressors taht were there so idk what I would do.
lol all you need the spring compressor for is to take the old springs off...The lowering springs/coil springs don't need to be compressed.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the stock springs are longer than the skunks

YOYOYO

I just wanted to see if the hooks fit i did not tighten it. Dumbass. I tried and it works on the stock ones

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Spring Compressors are for ladies I never used one, just let the bitch fly off, not a smart thing to do, but it makes for a good time lol!

SlammedCivic

YOYOYO said:
I just wanted to see if the hooks fit i did not tighten it. Dumbass. I tried and it works on the stock ones
WHY are you doing it...I realize WHAT you are doing, but there is absolutely NO point in trying to compress a lowering spring. It will fit just fine without it. Compressing springs is not smart just to play around with. Should the compressor fail, it's bad news.

adoboracer

obd1kenobi said:
Spring Compressors are for ladies I never used one, just let the bitch fly off, not a smart thing to do, but it makes for a good time lol!
lol, +1
me and my bro have dun springs for some of our friends cars (all of em are still drivable) and we jus shoot that crap into a recycle bin

YOYOYO

SlammedCivic said:
WHY are you doing it...I realize WHAT you are doing, but there is absolutely NO point in trying to compress a lowering spring. It will fit just fine without it. Compressing springs is not smart just to play around with. Should the compressor fail, it's bad news.
I was not tring to compress it, I was just making sure it was the right kind of compressor to get. Jesus. Since im too much of a wuss to slowly decompress it after its off the shock, I just go in my back yard and throw it and the compressors pop off and its pretty fun :)