Spring/Lowering Question

bradster101

As some of you may know, last summer I had my car really low but I had a problem with my suspension itself actually bottoming out. So my question is.... would getting stiffer springs help that problem out? Right now I have 10 up front and 8 in the back - I was wondering what 12 up front and 10 in the rear would feel like? Or if it would solve my problems?

Also, does it matter if the front is stiffer than the rear? I know most of the coilover systems tthat I see for my gen have stiffer in the front but does it have to stay that way or can that be changed also?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
What setup are you using? A spring and strut combo would probably help with bottoming out. Stiffer spring rates will make for a rougher ride but your car won't bounce hardly at all.

If you're using anything OEM with your suspension (Aftermarket spring/stock strut) that could be your issue.

bradster101

What setup are you using? A spring and strut combo would probably help with bottoming out. Stiffer spring rates will make for a rougher ride but your car won't bounce hardly at all.

If you're using anything OEM with your suspension (Aftermarket spring/stock strut) that could be your issue.
Right now I have the tuner blox full coilovers, has a spring rate of 10 in the front and 8 in the rear... So would 12 and 10 help me to not bottoming out?

Rich-PMS

Pictures of your current stance would help.

And what exactly is bottoming out?

bradster101

It'll make your ride a lot stiffer, how low are you?
Right now I have a finger gap. But over the summer I was tucking a lil tire
Just raise it a little.
Want to go lower like I was
Pictures of your current stance would help.
And what exactly is bottoming out?
Current Stance

Im pretty sure that over the summer when I was low that my coilover themselves were bottoming out but couldnt tell for sure. Thats why Im wondering if stiffer springs would help? I know itll be stiffer but thats ok because it wont be a dd

It was a lil lower than that (thats the front lol)

Leolo007

A little FYI, the front springs are stiffer to handle the weight of the engine and transmission.