Springs on stock shocks

killakevv

eat sleep JDM
I was wondering what kind of springs i can get that would work well with my stock shocks for now because i am on a budget. I will be upgrading shocks later on, but for now what would work best ? I will be driving just as a daily driver so i want a pretty nice drop but with some what good performance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
I'd say wait and safe for a nice set of coils,or for struts before lowering it. i replaced my struts when I put my H&R springs on there,and still ended up wiht blown struts,...IT SUCKS and isn't worth it.

I'm either gettin a set of KYB AGX or Omni-power full coils with my tax return

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Only springs I would recommend for stock shocks are Eibach Prokit or H&R OE springs.. but ya I very highly suggest do it right first time and install new spring/shock combo... just buy AGX shocks, they are cheap and work pretty good, I had no problems w/ mine for a year until i decided I wanted Koni

btw if you get H&R sport spring and you use your stock shocks I bet the shocks will go out in less than 20,000 miles!!

killakevv

eat sleep JDM
oh i see. well then what would be the best spring/shock combo if i wanted a drop and good performance? or should i just go for something like skunk2 pro-s coilovers?

samace_sg

Second Glance
You can always go with the Tokico HP strut and spring set... under $400. and gives you a 1.4" drop

Last edited:

PogKai

B20VTEC
I have Eibach Pro-kit in my stock shocks.. works great.

killakevv

eat sleep JDM
My budget is around $400 - $500. i want a nice clean drop and have it ride nice because this is for daily driven. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Darrell

You never want to cut corners when it comes to mods, it's always better to do it right the first time. You can find a good amount of springs/shocks packages on eBay as well as camber kits. I imagine you could be set up real good for about 7 bills.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If you want a good spring/shock combo, go with Ground-Control coilover sleeves and Koni Sport shocks. Or you can go with the Eibach Sportline/Pro Kit.

killakevv

eat sleep JDM
oh i see. well what would be a good spring / shock combo then ? because i don't want it too stiff as for i am not going to do a lot of track and racing with this car. only occasionally. appreciate it. i understand what you're saying though. i'll probably save up a little more.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
oh i see. well what would be a good spring / shock combo then ? because i don't want it too stiff as for i am not going to do a lot of track and racing with this car. only occasionally. appreciate it. i understand what you're saying though. i'll probably save up a little more.
TEIN S-Tech springs are pretty good too. They're pretty affordable.

killakevv

eat sleep JDM
i've always wanted the ground controls / konis combo but its expensive haha. what shocks would do well w/ the TEIN S-Tech springs ? i was thinking about getting the TEIN S-Tech or Progress springs and some decent shocks.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i've always wanted the ground controls / konis combo but its expensive haha. what shocks would do well w/ the TEIN S-Tech springs ? i was thinking about getting the TEIN S-Tech or Progress springs and some decent shocks.
Koni Sport or Tokico Illumina.