Squeak/chirp front passenger side

leftyfork

I just bought this car. When I apply my foot to the accelerator, it triggers a chirp squeak sound that lasts for approximately 3 or 4 seconds. It will continue to happen, with about a 6 second interval of silence in between. It only happens after I push my foot on the accelerator. The AC belt is removed. I have read about timing belt tensioners, loose alternator belt etc. but this sounds like a wierd fast chirping cricket. I know what squealing belts sound like and this is no belt. Unless it is inside the transmission or something? What the HE$$ is going on with this thing?

leftyfork

I think the transmission has been overfilled. I will start there. There are two holes drilled in the dipstick. I assume the top hole is the full mark? There is fluid all the way up to the split part of the stick. Where is the drain plug?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Could be something rubbing. Jack your car up and look everywhere for signs of rub.

Damn drain that bitch down.

leftyfork

Status at this time. Transmission drained to correct level. No apparent "rubbing" under the car. The sound never occurs at a standstill. I t is triggered by acceleration. The sound seems like it is coming from beneath the vehicle. I am beginning to think that it is coming from inside the transmission....

integra90da

see if it makes the same noise in neutral and while in gear, this will help eliminate and engine or the transmission.

Ballerin1

My dads truck "chirps" sounds like a "cricket" when his sub hits. Its in the passenger door somewhere. But that's prob not ur problem.

leftyfork

Just discovered that when I accelerate slightly in my yard, as soon as the squeal/squawk starts, if I stop quickly and place the car in park, the squeal stops. I think there is something wrong with the tranny. But just what in the world would be making that kind of noise inside there? I see automatics as self contained, juice filled mechanisms that just stop working. Never have I heard an automatic make god awful noises, and continue to work. Integra GS owners, experts. please direct me to the best source for fairly priced, quality parts for this rig.

I tend to think it is something else.. if it was the trans it would happen at all times not just for few seconds then stop..

check for exhaust, Mine make s a "chip" when I accelerate because it pulls back a bit on the bolt up flange for the manifold and then stops as the car "levels out"

leftyfork

UPDATE! While waiting for a bearing to come in to fix the A/C, I got pissed off that every time I pushed on the gas pedal, this thing squealed like a pig. While in drive, I held my foot on the brake and mashed the accelerator to the floor. I felt very positive torque, and no slippage from the transmission. I don't know what this did, but the squeak is gone now.

Must have been the brake pads/rotors.

If the sound comes back, change em out!
Exactly.. what he did was what we call "burnish" the brakes..

the funny part is if he would have just listen to us at first he could have inspected the brakes, replaced them because that is the problem and not have to do some goofey as brake stand to get the squuek to go away..

F'in PEWBS!!

leftyfork

Everyone, check it out. My problem was the ABS pump. If you remove the 40 amp fuse from the ABS main relay under the hood, noise disappears. Yehaw!!!