squealing noise

cooldudeglass

Hello integra world I am new member to the site but have always been a big fan of the site. I have a 1990 Acura integra 4 door. When I start my car an drive it the anti lock light comes on a I hear a squealing from the front of the car. It sounds like a bad belt but belts are all good an I only hear the squealing when I am going over 20 MPH. I have tried getting up 2 speed an then putting the car in neutra 2see if the squeling stops but it doesn't.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
usually that squealing is the PS pump belt...

have you recently replaced the belts? did you over tighten them?

Zingdowa

I've actually been hearing the same noise coming out of my 92 GS. I've been told
from friends that its the speedo cable but I'm positive it isn't my power steering due to the fact that it was all but deleted. And my belts have all been replaced recently as well..

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
could be the speedo cable... that can happen if the clip on the cluster end of the cable is missing and the square end is just attached... or better put inserted in the square receptacle without being clipped.

this causes the cable to get a small kink and make a helluva racket... sounds like a squirrel battle in the dash.

Last edited: