SRS light after steering wheel swap?

Hey guys i'm sure there are those of you out there who have swapped your steering wheel out. My problem is i put a leather wrapped steering wheel from an obd2 teg into my obd1 teg and the airbag plug was different so i didn't hook it back up. lo and behold the srs light came on. So i preceded to take the cluster out to remove the bulb to find out the srs light bulb cannot be removed. My question is can i turn it off somehow through my hondata s300 or do i just deal with it? also has anyone removed the canister for the airbag from the steering wheel? I almost tried that but didn't want it blowing up in my face. Thanks :)

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Can't you just swap the air bags?

Don't mess with the airbag. If you deploy it, you'll never get it looking right again. And like you said, you'll probably kill yourself in the process.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just live with the light, convert to obd2, or try to splice the srs unit wires together

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The airbag system is very sensetive, if you mess with it at all it'll trigger that light. It's like that for a reason, because as stated earlier, you can be killed. You can't even probe an airbag wire with a test light, the change in resistance will be detected and set off the light, or if your unlucky, blow the airbag. If your gonna be unplugging any airbag harnesses you want to disconnect the battery beforehand, and make sure everythings plugged back in before reconnecting the battery.
So, in not so many words, your screwed, only the dealership can reset the SRS light. I don't know if you can turn it off with a Hondata system

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
i thought there was a DIY on here about jumping the harness or osmthing with a papreclip? idk i just live with the light, its not that bright and doesnt bother me, you can allways just take the bulb out.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It didn't take long to get used to the SRS light being on all the time. Shoot, my ABS light was one too. :mrgreen:

sotashadow

GO!TEG!GO!
only 94 works with 95
then 96-97 are usually the same
and then 98-01
if youre worried about blowing the airbags its def possible but i fully removed mine and my srs brain from my 96 and then put it all back in again
look at the part numbers too
i needed a new cable reel for my 96 and was able to use one from a 99 because the part numbers matched it worked
once you make sure thats all right and no broke wires then do the srs reset
i posted it on another guys question
its on team integra

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
unplugg the yellow connector on the cluster,top right. you can reset the light without a tool, you have to follow a procedure to jump a connector