SS AutoChrome.com Turbo kits

CortezBanks

i dont have any experience with them but i have been told that they are garbage. But thats just what i heard someone say

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Here is an angle they will never show you in the pictures..............

Collector from their manifold:

Where the runners come in on the right side of the collector and flange it is barely even attached. They are pieces of shit

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
SSautochrome is a punchline.

CortezBanks

Here is an angle they will never show you in the pictures..............

Collector from their manifold:

Where the runners come in on the right side of the collector and flange it is barely even attached. They are pieces of shit
thats nasty

Pat

SlowDsm
I have a ssac front mount intercooler. Its a really popular front mount in the dsm community, and theres a couple guys making 600whp on them. But i have heard that every other ssac product, unless you get lucky, is crap. So i would definently advise to stay away from there turbo kit. It wont do you any good in the long run.
________
ROOR BONGS

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
thats nasty
That's XS Power/SS Autochrome for you :???:
I have a ssac front mount intercooler. Its a really popular front mount in the dsm community, and theres a couple guys making 600whp on them. But i have heard that every other ssac product, unless you get lucky, is crap. So i would definently advise to stay away from there turbo kit. It wont do you any good in the long run.
The intercoolers are fine as long as they have bead rolled piping and good t-bolt clamps. I've never seen any problems with the cores

wite2nr

i have done a lot of research on turbo's and from my research (others experience) you will end up replacing / upgrading the kit piece by piece as they go out/break/blow up. so, why not put together your own kit piece by piece to begin with? i wouldn't buy any of their products...