Stainless steel DC headers, cleaning them up.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
*Update* Stainless steel DC headers, cleaning them up.

* update* some of you may have seen this post earlier this week on me asking how to clean up some stainless stell headers. Well after 4 hours of sanding and shit i finally finished with them and im satisfied. Hope you guys enjoy them im installing them tommorrow.
BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
mines starting to look that too... DC SS 4-1

only the polished one are the bling bling ones...

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
oh well i guess if they look that way $40 bucks aint bad for it almost being in mint condition. Still i wonder if there is a way to restore their original shine.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I think you can get those looking nice, dont count on a mirror finish unless you put some serious time into them.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
BTW before i install the header do i need a gasket where it goes on the engine block and the where it hooks up to the cat ? and if i do can i pick it up at autozone or pepboys ? and is there anywhere i should specifically go to look for one and is there a special one i should buy? appreciate the help guys thanks !

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would get the gasket for the header flange to the head, and the outlet to cat gasket. 1 of each.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
rgr ominous i got them installed today and they sound nice an mean my GF likes the headers alot. will post pics tommorrow.