starter mind of its own

callmedj

just got a vatozone starter in my car recently when my honda one finaly went out. worked for about a month or so then i started having problems, sometimes my car wont start i turn key and everything goes like it regularly does and then a click, and nothing. Then sometimes i turn key and it starts right up no problems. When it doesnt start i jump the power to the signal wire and it starts up. i dont like jumping it because of the sparks and i have to open the hoood and bs with the car for a minute to get to the starter area. Any ideas of what it could be and how i should go about fixing this?

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
First don't buy parts from Autozone. If I were you bro, I would buy an OEM starter from honda. Yeah it's expensive but it's worth not going through the headaches.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Im for everything value, if it doesn't work as advertised, then you can return it and buy a better quality one the next time. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Check all connections to be secure and if after that it all looks correct, its probably in the ignition switch in the steering wheel. It doesn't sound like its the starter if it works when you manually feed power. - Aaron

suzuki714

Im for everything value, if it doesn't work as advertised, then you can return it and buy a better quality one the next time. Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Check all connections to be secure and if after that it all looks correct, its probably in the ignition switch in the steering wheel. It doesn't sound like its the starter if it works when you manually feed power. - Aaron
i would also bet conection and autozone duralast parts are even junk i wouldent go thier often unless you have to

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
just got a vatozone starter in my car recently when my honda one finaly went out. worked for about a month or so then i started having problems, sometimes my car wont start i turn key and everything goes like it regularly does and then a click, and nothing. Then sometimes i turn key and it starts right up no problems. When it doesnt start i jump the power to the signal wire and it starts up. i dont like jumping it because of the sparks and i have to open the hoood and bs with the car for a minute to get to the starter area. Any ideas of what it could be and how i should go about fixing this?
i had this problem when i first got my car except it would only happen in cold weather i took my starter back and brought one from somewhere else and it solved my problem

callmedj

thanks guys...yeah i know better then to do autozone...but i did...guess ill check the ignition and prolly swap that out and get a OEM one...

mjones73

If you still have your old one, find a shop to rebuild it for you...

callmedj

figured it out, my loop in the starter switch came loose...pushed it in it clicked and turned the key...started right up...so if anyone having a problem and the ignition wires arent bad, then take a look at the 2 switches on the clutch...