Starter noises question..

KiNGKAOS

If the starter is goin would it make a "chatterin' noise like CRRRRCRRR" while ur drivin'?

Thanx

LittleB10

i believe you are talking about "freewheeling". I just google it the other day (symptoms of a starter going bad) cause mine is clickin and then nothing and then clicking and then it starts...mine is a sign of going bad. i believe yours is going bad too. everything i read on bad starters basically says to fix them either replace the starter solenoid or replace the whole thing. i am going to replace mine soon lol. is it making a grinding sound like when u try to start a car again after its already started? that would be like freewheeling. i just did a quick search so don't kill me if i'm wrong haha. someone correct me if i'm wrong. thats my input and wish ya luck! i hope u and i don't get stranded somewhere lmao! that would suck! good luck man!

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
if thats the sound while your driving i doubt its the starter it would make more of a grind noise that would make you wanna pull over and check wtf that noise was

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
just a thought let it idle and see if you still hear the noise if you only hear it while driving though a few things to check are: wheel bearings,tie rod,brakes,and maybe tires