Starting Problem..

beatfanatikz

My car is not starting at all..the engine is turning over but it wont start..i was driving and it seemed lik the car was loosing power and i tried pushing the gas and the car would hiccup ..and it finally died..i checked all the fuses andi changed the fuel pump and filter ,fuel filter, starter, and battery..i am out of ideas can u guys help me plz

~Respectfully~

Beatfanatikz

JGvtec

Your like losing power you say?

Spark plugs i would say. Most people forget to check those.

Edit: your alternator powers your battery.

beatfanatikz

Your like losing power you say?

Spark plugs i would say. Most people forget to check those.

Edit: your alternator powers your battery.
i forgot to say ..it seems lik im not getting enough power to the fuel pump cuz i cant hear the pump come on?

~Respectfully~

Beatfanatikz

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
The 4 things you need to make a car run; Fuel, Compression, Ignition, and Timing. You changed out the fuel pump in the tank and it doesn't sound to be working? Why did you replace it, was it not making the HUM noise before the new one? Did you check for spark? Check for Codes? -Aaron

beatfanatikz

The 4 things you need to make a car run; Fuel, Compression, Ignition, and Timing. You changed out the fuel pump in the tank and it doesn't sound to be working? Why did you replace it, was it not making the HUM noise before the new one? Did you check for spark? Check for Codes? -Aaron
yes the old one was not making the hum noise ..and the new one is not making the hum noise either..yea my grandfather checked for spark and i think he said i wasnt getting any ?but why isnt the pump coming on tho?

~Respectfully~

Beatfanatikz

beatfanatikz

mechanic told me that it was the ingnition it is not getting any spark..could it be that?cuz he is charging me 400 for everything i dont want to pay if its not..

~Respectfully~

Beatfanatikz

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
If you're not getting sparks at the spark plugs its probably the ignition coil in the dizzy...I had the same issue and replaced it and everything is fine now. Hope this will save you money. Good luck let us know if it fix your issue.

SnD3

Um, what you described is a classic case of alternator drainage. You have a couple things that could be the issue. First off, you alternator might be on the way out, or already there. Second, check your power lead to the alternator. Something on there cars, is that the power lead can corrode over time, leaving you with this issue. Check it at the battery, and go on down the line. I want to say it is your power lead! Same thing happened in mine, and now I am going through the process of removal, and replacement. Not to mention other things! lol

Rich-PMS

Find someone local and swap distributors and see if if works.

But first I would check all your fuses and relays!