steering issue

97teg4l

When I bought my 95 ls the steering and suspension was extremely tight and where it should be. Recently my front right wheel is making some noise. And the steering developed some play. I thought tie rods. But they are both fine. And ideas on either problem?

db_r

!ocsic
why kinda of noise ? Did you check the axle boots ? Do you have aftermarket suspension?

97teg4l

its like sometimes a knock and it has been like crying if you understand that. idk its hard to explain. there is a lot of slop in the wheel and you can hear it click and clack when you move the wheel back and forth....

97teg4l

and no i have stock suspension on right now

amaestre32

you need new bearings if you move the wheel and its making noise like you said..check both of them usually its one side and not the other but replace both while your at it.

amaestre32

i agree with this but also think you should check your CV axles
yeah maybe but why would they make a noise if you were moving your tire? normally dont they make noise when you were moving or going over a bump?

97teg4l

Well I couldn't find the problem in anythng. So I'm taking it to the shop. Against my better wishes but I have to.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
its bearings just replaced mine for that reason. if you can put the car in the air try and move the rim. i could move mine in all directions like it was just hanging on the axel. and if the shop says that you need a new hub they are full of shit. i just had to debur mine from where the bearing cut into it a little. and it shouldn't take more than an hour and a half per wheel. so dont get overcharged.

royalpurpleda9

royalpurpleda9
Nah if it is the bearings then it would only make noise when in motion and by cocking the wheel in different directions will stop the noise depending on what side needs replacement! if it make noises when stopped then most likely its the ball joints, the ball inside gets dry over the years and since you cant lube it like trucks can then theyll mae a noise.
But if its clicking and shit while in motion then yes more than likely its your axle boots that need replcement!!

Last edited: