Steering wheel's shaking. HELP*noob*

DC-jef

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me his 14" steelies. I installed them but now as I brake my steering wheel starts shaking. It also starts shaking at a certain speeds between 50-60mph. Any ideas on how to fix this or should I put my 15" back on. (Had the shaking at certain speeds with the 15's before this)

speedin

The Transporter
Well you had shaking before so you prob need an alignment (or it may have even been as simple as you 15's being un balanced as well). But the reason the steelies vibrate more is more than likely they are out of balance adding to your issue before (or just more out of balance than the 15's were)

So get the steelies balanced, then if it still remains get an alignment.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
It has nothing to do with alignment.

Get your 15" wheels back, get em balanced. Then, change/resurface your brake rotors.

speedin

The Transporter
If its shaking when u brake its rotors
I didnt even see that! Yea he says its when he brakes too.....

so yea its warped rotors and balancing.

Last edited:

DC-jef

Thanks for all th advice. Unfortunately, I got rid of my 15's for cash. Ill go ahead and get my rotors checked and get my wheels balanced by monday. Ill let you guys know what happens. Thanks again

White_Rabbit

You can turn the rotors if they aren't too bad. Should be about 10 bucks a piece to turn them. Unless they are out of tolerance already then you'll need to replace them.