Steering Wheels

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket steering wheel with quick release.

My question is...

Is it safe to run an aftermarket steering wheel with the QR even though it doesn't have an airbag?

Is the seat belt enough?

Thanks in advance!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My CB7 didn't have an airbag, so I don't feel too bad about having a Momo steering wheel. Three of my friends crashed their cars and the airbags didn't deploy. All were front impacts too. Fuck it, get a wheel.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Thanks for the input, Matt!
No problem. I had the same question before I got my wheel. It took me a while to decide. But day after day, looking at the stock steering wheel just kept bugging me. And racing with the stock wheel sucks. Since I have long legs, I kept kitting my thighs while I would turn. The most significance to getting a smaller diamter steering wheel would be the driving feel. You feel more atttached to your car. Which is a very good thing. You drive better when you're more comfortavble. Plus having an aftermarket wheel will make your EM2 look badass.

P.S. Don't get an NRG quick release.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Thanks for the heads up!

Like what kind of bad reviews?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well let's just hope that it wasn't somebody driving down the road their quick release steering wheel quick released into his lap at 70mph LOL

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Alright then...

I don't want to deal with that. Any other brand recommended that's not baller status like Works Bell?

AB's95blackLS

I have an NRG and I didnt have that problem with it just coming off its more of a pain getting it off its a funny ball pattern u need to have lined up in order for it to come off and you pull up on the hub to get it to release.

I can try and post a picture if that will help describe it better.

AB

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
No it's okay, I'm not having problems with taking it off. Just deciding whether to buy it or not. :lol:

poordc2

I've heard of the steering wheel coming off while driving. I've also heard of the steering wheel not being able to come off. Stupid shit like that.
wow for reals.....i own a 240sx and hang out with alot of my other 240sx buddies that have NRG quick release and they love it. A couple of my buddies had them for years and they haven't had any problems and i also have one too and it works fine. Me and my buddies touge and drift almost every weekend and the hold up fine. If you still have the links to the reviews i would love to read them.