Step One For Boost...

BrakeLights

SOHC it!
Heres the first step in my boost project...

I bought a b18b longblock out of a 95 integra LS
I plan to rip the longblock apart completely and rebuild
heres a few shots i took after i got it home.

Into This

**Plans**
9:1 JE Pistons
Eagle H Rods
Skunk 2 Intake Manifold
Possible Head work

boost to come :twisted:

Last edited:

BrakeLights

SOHC it!
blitzillist said:
civic is clean.... i like the plans. How much you pay for the motor?
100 bucks canadian! and thanks!

**Ripping Apart**

My brother (Newspeed) and i, ripped the engine apart. It was really fun, and i cant wait to get the engine stand to complete the tear down!

before shot

Valve cover taken off, some part cleaner used, to get grim off

Exhaust cam removed, intake next.....

Head finally off, those blots were a pain, without my brothers air gun!!!

cams getting hung out to dry....

i wonder why it was burning oil??

old head gasket

valves need some cleaning, better yet, new valves

The tools i needed (organization is your friend when dealing with bolts, and random pieces)

Packed away, until i get an engine stand this weekend...

Last edited:

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
I would build the head or at least freshen it up with factory parts! B/c you dont kow how that motor was treat

and btw you think you can get my some 240sx s13 day time running lights?????

BrakeLights

SOHC it!
k624ash said:
whoa, thats a steal
yeah man, i knew i had to jump on it and bought it.

obd1kenobi said:
I would build the head or at least freshen it up with factory parts! B/c you dont kow how that motor was treat

and btw you think you can get my some 240sx s13 day time running lights?????
yeah i plan all getting everything, and bring it back to new again! sorry im confused about the running lights thing? :???: but im anxious to start the build!

nautica_t said:
nice go boost, keep us posted.
thanks man, im very excited for boost!!!

B18TEG said:
yes it is. good luck with the build, welcome to ci, and you got a clean civic there
thansk man, i hope it goes well, i just need time and money. :lol:

newspeed

Me and brakelights are brothers and it will be a fun little project to do over the winter months.
The first plan of attack is to rip the motor completely apart and send the head and the block out for cleaning and inspection. we sent an old block out to napa from work and it looked very similar to this head they cleaned in in a salt water solution then steamed it or something to check it for cracks. When we go it back it looked brand spanking new! then once we are sure the block and head are worthy we will start to throw parts at it! the main thing we need to fix are the piston rings (which will come with the low compression pistons) and the valve seals as this motor was burning a bit of oil when it was taken out of the car. The hope is to revilatize this older motor and make a good platform for some soild boost.

BrakeLights

SOHC it!
Took apart the engine so more today with newspeed :twisted:

got the valve springs, valves, retainers, oil pan, pistons,rods, and i got a 1250lbs engine stand. i will soon be sending out the head to be cleaned up, and after some more work hopefully send out the block and start to buy parts. Heres some pics from today...