Stiff coilovers?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I want to go static with aggressive wheels. Nothing with lots of camber(vip). I like flush and not so stretch tires. I will roll and maybe pull my fenders to fit fatter tires. Camber kits will be used

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I was thinking of BC racing. But people here are suggesting GC/Koni yellows. My newbie thread, they were saying GC/Koni's.

Do you have a suggestion?

Nick_C78

I have only ever heard of negative things about BC Racing, but that was from nissan guys. I wasnt even aware they made honda stuff... which tells you something. lol

For the record, I wasnt suggesting koni sport yellows. I was suggesting Koni Race (which is also yellow, but has way better valving). Koni sport yellows wont handle the rates I suggested.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I have only ever heard of negative things about BC Racing, but that was from nissan guys. I wasnt even aware they made honda stuff... which tells you something. lol

For the record, I wasnt suggesting koni sport yellows. I was suggesting Koni Race (which is also yellow, but has way better valving). Koni sport yellows wont handle the rates I suggested.
the race also is shorter i believe

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
suspension wise...
I just realized what you were asking. im not sure if I will be going aftermarket sways, STB's. Im just starting with coilovers and work my way from there as needed. Im just not sure what brand of camber kits yet, for tire wear. I will be doing speratic driving here and there, but nothing to do with racing.

hahaha...My bad. Thats good to know there is a different in sport and race 8)

BC racing is known in the IS300 world. I havent found reliability and longevity on BC racing and heard good things from the past couple hrs of researching GC/Koni race.

Thanks again for information

Nick_C78

So they are known in the VIP scene? Yeah..stay away from VIP scene suspension suggestions.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
well he wants a hella flush look. I would say anything over a 10k spring is fine which is about 500lbs ish. koni yellow can handle that.

95B18BTurbo

My F&F 2's have a 12k upfront and 8k in the rear. They are pretty stiff and hold up great. I have BC Extreme drop's on my STi and upped the rates to 10k upfront and 8k in the rear. Very stiff as well, car is stanced, and it's sitting proper. If you want to go crazy PIC selects and even stiffer rates are available for track ready applications. I've rolled on GC's/Yellows and I'm simply not a fan of that old school setup.

Nick_C78

well he wants a hella flush look. I would say anything over a 10k spring is fine which is about 500lbs ish. koni yellow can handle that.
500 is near the limit of sport yellows..Just because it is rated up to that doesn't mean you should use it. You don't want to be near the max the strut can handle. That is asking for it to wear fast.

95B18BTurbo, what did you not like about the GC? I am assuming the spring rates you chose?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My F&F 2's have a 12k upfront and 8k in the rear. They are pretty stiff and hold up great. I have BC Extreme drop's on my STi and upped the rates to 10k upfront and 8k in the rear. Very stiff as well, car is stanced, and it's sitting proper. If you want to go crazy PIC selects and even stiffer rates are available for track ready applications. I've rolled on GC's/Yellows and I'm simply not a fan of that old school setup.
pic isnt super stiff the rates are the same as buddy club. Buddy club is a better design also.

500 is near the limit of sport yellows..Just because it is rated up to that doesn't mean you should use it. You don't want to be near the max the strut can handle. That is asking for it to wear fast.

95B18BTurbo, what did you not like about the GC? I am assuming the spring rates you chose?
x2 on the gc comment.

I think they might rate them lower than what they can handle for longevity, thats what i think at least.

95B18BTurbo

I didn't get to choose the spring rates as they came on the CRX I used to own, but the rates could have been the issue. I just prefer a stiffer setup, the construction, and the ease of adjustability.

PIC's allow you to choose your rates and my buddy is running 14k upfront and 18k rears on his K-swapped integra daily driven and hard tracked at Roebling Road.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
Ground Control's website will have you call to special order rates. They only have a few rates avalible as the shock can only handle so much. I think a koni sport (yellow) can handle a 500lb spring max.

Good people work there My favorite suspension.
ive called them mulitple times just to ask questions and theyve always been nice and helpful; love em id recommend them to anyone

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
F&F 2? (fast and furious 2) lol
What is PIC?

Well, not hella flush. Flush enough with tires that are not stretch. I just dont want to rub on fenders when turning ;)
I read that 10k is 600lbs. I could be wrong, or the one that posted it was wrong :???:

ive called them mulitple times just to ask questions and theyve always been nice and helpful; love em id recommend them to anyone
thanks. I love helpful customer service that doesnt give you the go around

So they are known in the VIP scene? Yeah..stay away from VIP scene suspension suggestions.
Yes, I was running AirRunner air suspension on my IS300. Coilovers is a new world of suspension for me. I wouldnt run AirSus on the Integra. This is why I want to ask a lot of questions, before I pull the trigger on coilovers. I hate having to do things twice