Stiff Door

chibilisious

Hey guy! I own a 97 RS 4 dr integra. So far I found this forum to be very informative and friendly site. And I am here right now, asking for assistance on a problem that has been troubling me for a while. I am having issues opening my rear right door. The door does open, but it is very stiff and needs extra strength to fully open the door. I have sprayed WD-40 a few times with no avail. I am not mechanically inclined but I am thinking the door latch needs to be replaced. Has anyone encountered the same problem as me? Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

mirrorimg

If its stiff throughout the motion its not the latch, its either the hinge or that bar that protrudes into the door from the body. Not quite sure what it is, but if you look you will see it.

Cripton805

WD-40 will actually make it worse... Once it dries, it makes it worse every time. That's more like a penetrating spray to loosen/free bolts. You need a type of grease.

eugene1gsr2000

sanchez
same problem here bro...what i found that worked was...i had some lucas oil stabilizer in my garage(that sticker ass oil) and i wore latex gloves, then but a dap of it on my finger then ran it along the flat piece of metal that goes into the door...both top and bottom side....worked like a champ, it opens really smooth...

sylvaner01

just soak the crap out of it, maybe even consider taking the door off and cleaning the old grease.

bradster101

Mine was a little stiff but that metal rod looking thing by the hinges was what was wrong with mine... I just used a lot of lube on it and so far its been good. If I remember correctly if you take off your door panel you can see the inside which might make it easier to lube it up? But try that and do the same to the hinges

rexpepper123

I use a heavy duty white silicone grease or synthetic grease thats used for poly bushings.
thats what i always use for those kind of things. doors, hoods, windows an sunroofs works amazing or you can always use some bearing grease use gloves tho that stuff is a mess