Still have body roll

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
as yall know, on the DC5 i have the a-spec suspension, and it handles great. but i still have a little bit too much body roll for the kind of driving i do. any ideas on what parts i should consider that will eliminate it without braking the bank?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Get coilovers and upgrade the sway bars.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Stick some bars that go out sideways with tiny wheels on them. Kinda like a wheelie bar but on the sides....

lol, I bet that would look hilarious..... ANYWAYS...... rear sway bar, and coilovers will help a lot. Now, I mention the rear not the front because if you get a front bar it will help induce understeer more *BAD*, but if you get a rear sway bar it should help induce more oversteer *GOOD*, not too much to drift, but enough to help the rear end rotate. However if you can afford it, go with both front and rear

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
well i went to look at rear sway bars as you guys suggested... and now im convinced i need a WHOLE new suspension set up... keeping the s-spec suspension of course...i want sways, upper and lower ca's tie rod ends, energy suspension bushings(motor and suspension), strut tower bars... i want a touge machine

J_Jay_B

teg driver
ya i would love to have everything that you just mentioned... first i would go with the sway bars... if you can afford it then do both and get new bushings for them... also get a c-pillar bar, and strut tower bars... that shouldnt be too expensive... and will tighten everything up... im assuming that ur struts are still in pretty good shape and are probably pretty aggressively valved, so you might be able to get some springs or coilover sleeves for cheap...

whatever you decide to do post some pics... i wanna see

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
well i went to look at rear sway bars as you guys suggested... and now im convinced i need a WHOLE new suspension set up... keeping the s-spec suspension of course...i want sways, upper and lower ca's tie rod ends, energy suspension bushings(motor and suspension), strut tower bars... i want a touge machine
Touge Monster Formula:

1) Extreme performance tires
2) High performance brake pads
3) Coilovers
4) Larger sway bars (front/rear)
5) Lots of practice

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
Touge Monster Formula:

1) Extreme performance tires
2) High performance brake pads
3) Coilovers
4) Larger sway bars (front/rear)
5) Lots of practice
lol. i know about the practice part... im lacking there. and as far as tires go, im a lil behind with the falkens im on. but they are brand new, so im just gonna have to keep em. and brakes were done not to long a go either. matt, you know how i feel about my a-spec ;)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
lol. i know about the practice part... im lacking there. and as far as tires go, im a lil behind with the falkens im on. but they are brand new, so im just gonna have to keep em. and brakes were done not to long a go either. matt, you know how i feel about my a-spec ;)
Just keep the tires that you're on until they're wasted. Which Falkens do you have again? Stock brakes will be fine until you reach a high level. The A-Spec suspension is actually ok. I've tracked with some dudes from ClubRSX and this one guy has the same suspension.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
i think i have the 452's? they have no grip if you try to dig, they will spin all day long.(could be because they are still new) but they def hold their own in a turn. untill you start to really push, then the front end wants to tuck... :roll:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i think i have the 452's? they have no grip if you try to dig, they will spin all day long.(could be because they are still new) but they def hold their own in a turn. untill you start to really push, then the front end wants to tuck... :roll:
Those are definitely the wrong tires for attacking corners. No wonder why you're not sticking. Those are more for VIP cars. I would just use them up, then get a set of stickier tires.