Still having idle problem, may have an idea, what do yall think?

jdean41

Ok so i posted not long ago about my low rough idle, i started thinking about some things and i happen to think of this. My car has no maf sensor, it has manual vaccum lines running into my intake. Could that b why my car is idleing so low and rough?

You are correct that your car has no MAF sensor. It does however have a MAP sensor. But yes, a vacuum leak could cause a rough idle even on a MAP car...

jdean41

i checked my vaccum lines and they are all good. I couldnt remember if it was actually supposed to have an MAF sensor or not. Im getting extremely irritated because i cannot seem to figure out what the hell the problem is.

Prozon

Kris
If the idle is just low, adjust the idle screw. I think it's on top of the intake where the hose goes on. You could adjust the throttle cable as well if you need it..

jdean41

Yea im about to adjust the idle screw and c if i can bump it up. And yes my plugs and wires are brand new, and theres no loss of power whats so ever so i know im running on all cylinders.

g8bmet

when i first bought my car. i had real bad low and bouncy idle. i was around 250-300rpm. i had a lifter adjustment done because i was also getting a slight clicking under the valve cover. for some reason after that my idle was perfect.

now I'm dealing with the IACV. need a new one so it doesnt sound like I'm listeneng to slo-mo techno for five minutes when i start the car.

jdean41

was the clicking noise only at certain rpms? mine has a little bit of a clicking noise through first gear.