Still overheating, considering throwing my car off a cliff.

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Hey, just a bit of history on my car, it had a blown head gasket so I got all that stuff repaired, all the hoses replaced etc for like, $2900 (Thats how much it costs in Australia, went everywhere) and I wasn't about to tackle it myself. The car still over heats after all those issues, it normally hangs around hald, but after an hour of REGULAR driving, it heats up to over 3/4, and it shouldnt be doing that.

What could it be? I really love the car, and I want to be able to fix it, would these seem like issues that could be causing it?
- Water Pump
- Radiator

The mechanic replaced the thermostat, replaced the head gasket, replaced all the hoses etc.. presusre testing everything and said it was sweet.

Do your guys cars heat up? Its winter at the moment in Australia, so its pretty cold, and even in this temperature it heats up.

Adamradmand

Does your radiator fan turn on? And you say there are no leaks, did you try bleeding all of the air out of the system? Was your radiator cap ever replaced? If the fan turns on and you bleed your cooling system, and it still overheats, Was the coolant temp sensor ever replaced? you want to test that. If you have done all of the above steps, then I would take out the Thermostat and check it to make sure it works. To test it, boil some water, and drop it in the water. You want to make sure it opens/closes correctly. If that works, then it may be the water pump.

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Does your radiator fan turn on? And you say there are no leaks, did you try bleeding all of the air out of the system? Was your radiator cap ever replaced? If the fan turns on and you bleed your cooling system, and it still overheats, Was the coolant temp sensor ever replaced? you want to test that. If you have done all of the above steps, then I would take out the Thermostat and check it to make sure it works. To test it, boil some water, and drop it in the water. You want to make sure it opens/closes correctly. If that works, then it may be the water pump.
Thanks for the reply bro, really appreciate it. I've had the thermostat replaced in the past two months, it had seized up etc. I've read a few posts around the internet regarding my issue, and I keep hearing 'Check the water pump' so I'm hoping thats the issue, cause it would be nice to finally rectify it. The radiator cap is not leaking any coolant that I can see, it holds it coolant and all seems well. When I was driving today, it heated up to about 3/4 as I stated, so I put the heater on and sucked all the heat instantly out of the engine bay, so then it was at just under half. but still, I don't think it should heat up like that. How do I go about the water pump?

Greentegkid

chances are its the water pump, I had the same problem my car kept overheating, hoses kept bursting, but ultimately got tired of it and decided to change the water pump, now no problems stays @ the one third mark of temp gauge. Make sure you buy a good quality, my mechanic says a water pump will last you a good 4-5 years good investmen

Red Rocket

On my 95 Integra LS the radiator had a plactic top cramped in place with crimp tabs. They worked lose over time and radiator leaked down and with no preasure in it (radiator cap does this) I assume it allowed more water to eveporate and it ran hot..Also my fan does not come on unless the AC is on..Look along the lip of the radiator top cover for water. I had to install an new METAL radiator