stock b18b1 bottom end rebuild questions

Jabes

Alright so I've been looking for a good b18b1 engine to throw in my teg for a DD but couldn't find anything good and garuanteed around me for under 700 but I picked up a engine for 300 that needs a rebuild. I've never rebuilt a engine but I have a few experienced people that are going to be helping me.

Now the problem with the engine I have right now is that the rings seem shot, When I had the head off to do a headgasket the cylinder walls looked fine and there was no scoring or problems with the block but the new headgasket didnt fix anything. I thought that would fix it since it had the signs of a blown head gasket but it didnt.
So where would be the cheapest but best place to buy parts for a stock rebuild? I'll probably get it bored to the next size so I will need new pistons if I do that.

Also will I need a new headgasket again since I'll be taking the head off when I do the rebuild? The headgasket has no run time on it just was torqued once and is a Felpro

Thanks for the help

mirrorimg

Once a headgasket has been torqued down, it needs to be replaced if the head is taken off.