stock engine plus nitrous

sleepen teg

I have a s300 I can put in from when I wanted to turbo.

However don't want that headache so I'm going with nitrous on it and just wondering if anyone has a similar setup or what here.

I know the key to keeping the motor alive is tuning, but would it it matter with a 50 or 75 shot?

96LSteg

Jemel
you will still need the s300 to tune. you motor WILL NOT LAST LONG! probably for the first shot!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Talk to your tuner first. Id say 75 shot is safe on a stock engine. You want a dry kit with at least 440cc injectors. Let the Hondata control fuel, no wet kits.

A progressive nitrous controller is key to pushing the limits to the stock engine. You dont want a huge torque shock that bends rods.

THELEGEND909

Talk to your tuner first. Id say 75 shot is safe on a stock engine. You want a dry kit with at least 440cc injectors. Let the Hondata control fuel, no wet kits.

A progressive nitrous controller is key to pushing the limits to the stock engine. You dont want a huge torque shock that bends rods.
why shoudnt he go wet? i am curious in knowing this. turbos and spray is something i do wanna learn about.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Because wet injects fuel and nitrous together. How would you make fine adjustments to fuel? You cant.
Plus changes in bottle temperature effect tank pressure which will vary the mixture. Again a wet kit can't compensate for it.
Wet kits are more complicated because of the extra fuel lines. Maybe the newer kits have controllers for this but its overly complicated in my opinion. The best way to operate and tune the nitrous shot is using your Ecu.

lownslo91

Im glad this came up. Good info. Please keep adding more. Im learning here too

Sent while pushing pebbles with my lip kit.