stock exhaust diameter questions....

94exa2

would replacing the factory bends with mandrel bends be beneficial for a street car? all i really plan on is intake, header, (maybe mandrel bends on factory exhaust) and rsx-s or itr muffler

94exa2

would replacing the factory bends with mandrel bends be beneficial for a street car? all i really plan on is intake, header, (maybe mandrel bends on factory exhaust) and rsx-s or itr muffler
and wat r the bottlenecks in the stock exhaust? i dont plan on adding a new catback, just header, stock cat, replace crush bends with mandrel bends and replace the bottlenecks once i found out what they are

94exa2

there are none
i keep reading about bottlenecks and bottleneck eliminators? so there are NO bottlenecks in the stock exhaust???(atleast after replacing crush bends with mandrel bends?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the only bottle necks would be the resonators. if you wanted to have a "good flowing exhaust" thats stock get an jdm itr set up

94exa2

the only bottle necks would be the resonators. if you wanted to have a "good flowing exhaust" thats stock get an jdm itr set up
im not trying to spend alot of money on THIS car, as its the "family sedan", but i'd like a decent intake, header, and modified stock exhaust. so im not going to buy an aftermarket cat-back or spend money on a type-r catback.

sooo, replace the factory bends with mandrel bends and remove the resonators? (i plan on having ONE resonator) and add itr muffler and header and my ehxaust should be good to go?