Stock Spark Plug Gap for 98 JDM B18c Type R

NinjaJDMB18c

Can someone please tell me what the stock spark plug gap would be for a 98 JDM B18c Type R Motor? Motor is stock and I believe stock is at 11:1:0 compression. Spark plugs are NGK Spark Plug 6 Temperature.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Easily found via search.

Platinum GS-R, Type R:
NGK PFR6G-13 or Denso PK20PR-L13
Gap: 0.047 or 0.051 in

NinjaJDMB18c

did you google that or search this forum? I was getting so many different results I wasnt sure which was right one...

NinjaJDMB18c

wait what? i just so happen to have those plugs actually. so gap is supposed to be. 40in? someone please confirm. i just want the right specs to make it run like a champ.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
hehe alrite in my haste i sourced out HT's spec list since its good for a lot of things but may have some holes in its info. If i recall correctly compression is what the heat range is based on and the gap has to do with valve lift and some amount or more of cylinder pressures but i have no technical information to provide on how the latter works.. forced induction? You'll have to read up yourself if curious.

That said the usdm itr plug part numbers are (PFR6G-11) (NGK) and (PK20PR-L11) (DENSO), taken from acuraoemparts.com. So you would gap to 1.1mm or .043". I think the jdm itr uses a 7 heat range. Manufacturers specs, you'll be fine. Id forgotten i spec'd to 1.1mm myself. :mrgreen:

NinjaJDMB18c

Since I have a 98 JDM B18c Type R which spark plugs do you recommend of either the ones mentioned on this forum post or another one you recommend not mentioned here...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Ugh. I told you he would get confused.

Use the recommended gap posted above from the factory service manual.
Done.