StoobyMcdooby: 95' SE Restore Project

StoobyMcDooby

CONTENTS...
Page 1 - History
Page 2 - Primed, Interior swap, bumper swap(1)
Page 3 -Goodies to be installed, new(er) wheels
Page 4 - Bodywork, body painted

Hey what's up? My name is Sam, I just wanted to make a thread to introduce myself, as well as my teg.
I recently purchased a 1995 Integra Special Edition for a whopping $900! I bought it from the original owner, and the car has 205,xxx miles! 5-Speed of course, ripped up leather seats, completely trashed body. BUT, everything works- Air con, heat, PS, windows, etc.
Some may ask, why would you want such a piece? Well, for one, I love Honda's. Ive had 4, and im 19 years old.I've never owned anything else. Pictured below is my 1990 Accord EX. I bought the car bone stock three years ago, and poured obscene amounts of money into it. I miss the car everyday, as it was sold two months ago. Also below is my white 1991 Accord EX. The only thing i miss about that car was the fact that it had 89,000 ORIGINAL miles on it, and the interior- it speaks for it self. I also have a CBR f4i... (probably my favorite honda of them all :D ).

I also want to document the restoration process as I go along. So far, I have replaced the entire front clip, bumper lights, replaced the two front seats, and taken many, many dents out.
As of yet, I have no pictures of my progress, but I can promise those soon. As soon as I find a camera.

My Black Accord:

-------------------------------------

My white 91' Accord:

CBR w/ me on it:

And then comes my teg:

Note the dents everywhere! and the oxidized paint...

The back is the best part, minus the cracked bumper, lol.

This isn't pretty, but on the brightside, LOTS of tire tread, haha.

Gross.

So that's how i picked her up.
Here is how she looks right now, cell pictures FTL, but new pics are to come.

My (ORIGINAL) plans :
Finish body resto *
Finish Interior resto *
Paint it black*
ITR replica wing *
DUMP it *
17" black wheels of some sort *
5% on all the windows, 20% on winshield *
tint tails and bumper lights *

Pretty much, im going for the same theme achieved with my black accord.
(UPDATE** green on gold is a go!)

Thanks for welcoming me to your awesome forum, and I cant wait to contribute ! Sorry for the long read. Have a great day, be sure to check back for updates.:p

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Looks like you have a good amount of work ahead, looks like it has potential though. Keep us updated.

StoobyMcDooby

yeah man, good luck with that. It should turn out ok, interior wise.

Lol, so there's no hope for the exterior? haha. Im stuck deciding what direction to go for the interior.. the seats i picked up are grey leather... and i got a set of tan ones as well... So i could just replace my carpet, and throw the tan seats in and call it a day... but tan isnt baller.

Thanks for the comments dudes.

StoobyMcDooby

murdered out or go home , lol. to each his own, but i love being blacked out.
Estimated time of completion is summer 2009 :)

Spody02

Name: Cody
i'm not a fan of blacked out cars, but good luck, always love to see someone saving a teg

StoobyMcDooby

Update *** 11/18/08 ***

So as promised, here are pictures of the repaired front clip, as well as my new(er) seats!

This picture speaks for itself; not really anything i can add. EXCEPT, note the HID's, and the fact that my driver side signal is out. The reason? I don't know why, but the previous owner decided to cut the harness that has the pigtails for the bumper light. I don't know why.

-----------------------------
It's hard to see in this picture, but the passenger door has a major dent/ripple right in the middle of it. Along with that, there are several other various dings/knicks all along the passenger side. The driver side is however in decent shape. The '17' was a joke by a buddy who autocrosses a lot. :D

-----------------------------
Here's the back bumper. Not a very good picture, but i think it's cool. You can see that the bottom left of the bumper is cracked, and there is a hole to the right of the license plate. Obviously, the back bumper still needs replacing

----------------------------
And lastly, my new used seats! Obviously they dont match my nasty tan interior, but in the long run I will convert the interior to black or grey.

----------------------------

And that's pretty much it for this update... Next update will include pictures of my disgusting engine bay, and hatch area. And maybe even some videos....8)

Keep checking back, plenty is to come.

lhhs0102

A man youve done good things to this car hope everything goes well what type of engine u got??? will you replace it knowing you already got over 200XXX miles on it??? get bk

StoobyMcDooby

im pretty much going to drive it till the wheels fall off. And when they do, I'll look into getting a GSR motor. But i dont have the money or time to worry about motor work right now. It's just the stock LS motor.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
modded accord=rice imo. That bike is sick. i cant wait till the day i can afford to buy myself a bike.
but you definately have a LOT of work ahead of you with the teg. good luck. most people, on this forum included im sure, woulda seen that car as a lost cause.

StoobyMcDooby

to each his own. I'm not going to get into it about rice. I completely 100% disagree with you about the black accord being rice. But as mentioned before, to each his own.

You should get a bike man. I have never done anything that is more exhilarating than riding a motorcycle. Theyre cheaper than you probably think. My bike sells for $3k all day. Insurance is $216 a year for me. Look into getting one. I ran LOW 11's when the bike was completely stock.

A lost cause describes this car well... But hopefully I can change everyone's opinion by next summer . I enjoy a challenge, and I hate buying cars that are already modded. This integra WILL be sick when it's finished. I will settle for no less.

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
to each his own. I'm not going to get into it about rice. I completely 100% disagree with you about the black accord being rice. But as mentioned before, to each his own.

A lost cause describes this car well... But hopefully I can change everyone's opinion by next summer . I enjoy a challenge, and I hate buying cars that are already modded. This integra WILL be sick when it's finished. I will settle for no less.
this is true. i completely agree with you. i just dont like them, thats not to say you didnt do a good job with them