Story and Hub Question. . @#%$@#

SleepWalker42o

Okay guys what the fack. This has been killing me for 3 days STRAIGHT now.

Where to start . . .

Right, so my right caliper was seized when i bought the car. First thing i did was hit up Advanced and bought new calipers, brake pads, and rotors. There nothing special, just to get it on the road again.

So im at my buddies house to use his garage (my two garages are packed full of random shit, parents are pack rats) Buy any who, im going through the process first on the bad side (passenger). Taking off the wheel and tire. . . here's the first problem i ran into, the rotor has 2 screws ( WHY!? ) it effin' stripped! I've heard/read that other ppl had the same damn problem. Now i went to go get the Ez-Out bits and bam there out. Next Problem.. the rotor was warped and kept gettin stuck on the wheel studs! Took 2 hours of coming up with shit to get em off, finally a BFH got them off, messing up my wheel studs. Okay so i figured id go buy new wheel studs whoop-tee-doo. Just glad i got them off. Now NEXT problem that occurred. Freaking Hub screw wont come out, 1 hr in i saw that there was a dimple made to keep the nut from turning o_O DOH! Got that off and now ive realized the hub doesn't wanna come off, [Bare with me almost done] . . So i went to rent a Hub Puller from Advanced and it stlll wont come off, oh and let me add something to before, I stripped all the Lug nuts and Studs from hammerin the bitch rotor out. So the Hub puller had barely anything to grab. Pftt it grabbed enough to push the pin in to the axel. But the hub still wont let loose... Whut the hell am i suppose to do?!

Also i was looking to see if i could buy new hub assembly online, and it says i can only get " Rear Wheel Hub Assembly" for my year =/. Would the rear work with the front hub? God damn this is driving me effin crazy.

Please im dying here.. Im a newbie at this. I tried hitting it out too. Also im gon try the PB buster shit or whatever I read somewhere online. Also im going to try to remove it with the 3 jaw puller from GhettoZone [aka autozone]. FML.
Would this 1991 Hub work for my car? Please i hope it does... god damn.

Any Suggestions? Links Pleaseee.

So why exactly do u need a front hub?? you can change the studs without removing or changing the hub

The front hub is only available through the Acura Dealer..

Part number: 44600-SK7-000 (comes with new studs)

Good luck.

SleepWalker42o

Well I have to remove the hub because on my car it doesn't have a slit the studs can be released through.I checked all the way around each stud hits the knuckle. I did my research before I posted the thread. God I wish there was a opening. Id be on the road again :[ wth. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Well I have to remove the hub because on my car it doesn't have a slit the studs can be released through.I checked all the way around each stud hits the knuckle. I did my research before I posted the thread. God I wish there was a opening. Id be on the road again :[ wth. Thanks for the suggestion tho.
There should be a tight spot u can wedge them through.. I have NEVER heard of anyone having to remove the hub to get the lugs off.

SleepWalker42o

Damn im dying without my digital camera. damn girlfriend uses it more than i do, Anywho... i took pictures on my G1 , the quality isnt the greatest but it shows u how the bolt sits. Alll the way around theres no hole. I absolutely promise. THIS IS FUCKIN KILLING ME! I SHOULD BE DONE WITH THIS BY NOW!!

Somebody... Help Me...

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/SleepWalker42o/1252524733979.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/SleepWalker42o/1252524750770.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/SleepWalker42o/1252524806670.jpg

If i try BFH and a block of wood. sould i hit it in towards the engine or out? Because out is gonna be quite difficult...

97teg4l

well i just had to repace my studs,,,,,,, you have to take off everything and get the hub pressed off, and when doing so it ruins the bearings so you need to replace those too, you have to get it pressed off, just take your tie rod upper and lower ball joints off and take it to a shop and have them press the hub off and then put new studs in then you can take it back and have them press it back together using new bearings...it blowssss

konerri

well i just had to repace my studs,,,,,,, you have to take off everything and get the hub pressed off, and when doing so it ruins the bearings so you need to replace those too, you have to get it pressed off, just take your tie rod upper and lower ball joints off and take it to a shop and have them press the hub off and then put new studs in then you can take it back and have them press it back together using new bearings...it blowssss
what he said. This is pretty much your only choice.