Strange Idle drop

STARSCREAM

I have this problem where i'll be driving and idling fine and all of a sudden my car will drop a crap load of idle and bearly stay on. is this a battery voltage or alternator problem?

everything else works fine. no dim lights anywhere
my sound system works. (2 amps. 4 seakers, 1 12' sub)
stock B18B with short ram intake header and 2.5 inch piping.

can't figure out what the issue is

I attached a link to a video of what my RPM guage looks like after a 20 min drive on the freeway at a stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9GvrNms_gA

I'd appreciate any input.

NIGHT RIDER

I have this problem where i'll be driving and idling fine and all of a sudden my car will drop a crap load of idle and bearly stay on. is this a battery voltage or alternator problem?

everything else works fine. no dim lights anywhere
my sound system works. (2 amps. 4 seakers, 1 12' sub)
stock B18B with short ram intake header and 2.5 inch piping.

can't figure out what the issue is

I attached a link to a video of what my RPM guage looks like after a 20 min drive on the freeway at a stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9GvrNms_gA

I'd appreciate any input.
hey man it's the Idol control it's bolted on the back of the air intake. It has two small water hoses and a plug! It's about $250 new worth it!

imsimplee

my gs is doing that too, people just telling me its fine since its supposed to be low, but i dont know...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thats a low fluctuating idle.

You can do one of two things, clean the idle air control valve on the back, OR, do a valve adjustment or both i suggest both.

STARSCREAM

thats a low fluctuating idle.

You can do one of two things, clean the idle air control valve on the back, OR, do a valve adjustment or both i suggest both.
Idle air is cleaned but I heard that unless you actually hear something coming from the valve train that doing an adjustment won't really that big of an inprovement.. I'm leaning toward just getting a new IACV soon. its alot of money but I'm tired of taking it off and cleaning it over and over when it isn't even dirty.