Strange Idleing

zero_dohc

I have this strange idleing problem with my 90 Integra. When it's cold, I think only when it's cold but I'm not sure, it will jump up to like 2 grand the go back down to like 600. It will go back and forth. But once I get it warmed up it stops doing it. It only happens when I put in the clutch. And it's annoying as crap. Anyone got any ideas?

sleeperintegra

i was gonna tell you to check to see if you are throwing codes, and its prolly your IAC sensor. but too late for that. RIP

Aphex

=|

Most cars idle a bit higher before they warm up.. but.. umm.. since its gone nm

slikk

Money Getter
word od advice... i am not saying that i am correct but i think u sound pay attention ....

i had a 91 prelude that did the same shit .. i didnt pay it any attention ...

1 then the timing belt broke .. i suggest u go check that out ....
2 then the water pump broke ... i suggest u check that out too..
3 then the oil pump .... and that was the end of that game .. i had to junk the junk

that when i decided to save and buy a real car ..

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
the problem was his IACV (Idle Air Control Valve)

same thing happened to me, it would climb up to a certain rpm and then drop and then go back up and drop, repeating. this is because theres something wrong with your IACV. Its located on the back of your IM (Intake Manifold). what i did was disconnected it, sprayed it thuroughly with carb cleaner, sprayed pressurized air into it (to full get any moisture out of it) and re-installed it. the problem seemed to nearly dissapear. i still get it a little bit, but i believe its cause i am running low on coolant. when i took off the IACV, i had some coolant leak out, since theres coolant lines leading to the IACV. Basically, the IACV tells your engine when its warm enough to not idle high. it has coolant lines that pass through it, and when it gets to a certain temperature, a hole in the IM the leads to the IACV closes, letting the rpms fall. I dont know if any of that made sense, but it does to me, PM me if you have any questions

Eviloliv3

JOEY

Originally posted by "Eviloliv3"

the problem was his IACV (Idle Air Control Valve)

same thing happened to me, it would climb up to a certain rpm and then drop and then go back up and drop, repeating. this is because theres something wrong with your IACV. Its located on the back of your IM (Intake Manifold). what i did was disconnected it, sprayed it thuroughly with carb cleaner, sprayed pressurized air into it (to full get any moisture out of it) and re-installed it. the problem seemed to nearly dissapear. i still get it a little bit, but i believe its cause i am running low on coolant. when i took off the IACV, i had some coolant leak out, since theres coolant lines leading to the IACV. Basically, the IACV tells your engine when its warm enough to not idle high. it has coolant lines that pass through it, and when it gets to a certain temperature, a hole in the IM the leads to the IACV closes, letting the rpms fall. I dont know if any of that made sense, but it does to me, PM me if you have any questions

Eviloliv3
Finally I know what the fuck that was!!! haha my cars done that and my girls car and a bunch of my friends cars have too. I never knew what the hell it was though! thanks for letting me know now :D

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
yeah, but the problem with replacing it is the part new costs 200 bucks or so. clean it out first, and if that doesnt fix it, head to the junk yard.

dc2nr

sometimes its ur thermal valve getting loose, that was my problem. very common in integras and preludes