strange popping noise

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Sup d00ds. Got a lil problem and hope I can figure it out with the help from you guys.

When I go over a speed bump(not goin fast or anything) I hear a popping noise mostly from my passenger side wheel it seems. Sometimes when I make a turn. Only have noticed it when I make left turns. Any idea's?

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Dang. I got a homie that's parting out a gsr. Do the axels matter if its from a manual or auto. Cus his is manual and mines an autotrajic

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i dont recall about using auto or manual axles.. i know you could use abs axles on non-abs tho..
make sure to check if your cv boots are busted tho.. if they're ripped, you'll need to replace.

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Yeah coy my cv boots are ripped so I think you hit the nail on the head. Fuck it. How hard is it to replace them.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
jack up car, remove wheel, unbolt the lower ball joint, separate the lca, remove the 32mm axle nut, hammer out old axle from spindle, pop off old axle from tranny, pop in new axle into tranny, slide spindle on new axle, reconnect lca to lower ball joint reinstall wheel, drop car. may have to refill tranny fluid. but not much.

it literally is just like that.

same way for driver side, but you gotta unbolt the half shaft from the block and separate the axle and half shaft.

jznsn2u

jack up car, remove wheel, unbolt the lower ball joint, separate the lca, remove the 32mm axle nut, hammer out old axle from spindle, pop off old axle from tranny, pop in new axle into tranny, slide spindle on new axle, reconnect lca to lower ball joint reinstall wheel, drop car. may have to refill tranny fluid. but not much.

it literally is just like that.

same way for driver side, but you gotta unbolt the half shaft from the block and separate the axle and half shaft.
^pretty much summed it up. Its not too hard. It should be easy peasy if you have the tools :thumbs up.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
pain in the a$$ if you dont got the right tools i remember pullin mine out wit a 9x rivet gun
idk if anyone knows what that is but lets just say that axle is gonna have nightmares about that day

Cman46290

I wouldnt condemn the axles for popping over bumps... i have the same problem... and its because every bushing in the front is is so worn out they look like pancakes... flat and cracked and old.... so my popping noise is coming from the lower control arm i think.... its moving around cuz the bushings are shot.... plus the sway bar link bushings are way shot too... could be either.

Afireinside

I wouldnt condemn the axles for popping over bumps... i have the same problem... and its because every bushing in the front is is so worn out they look like pancakes... flat and cracked and old.... so my popping noise is coming from the lower control arm i think.... its moving around cuz the bushings are shot.... plus the sway bar link bushings are way shot too... could be either.
X2 cv axles usually only make noise when you turn but it sounds like you need them anyway. Check the front bushings, sway bar end links, strut mounts and anything else you can see.
good luck

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
the thing is i replaced my bushings twice already. i asked a mechanic if something is wearing them down fast but he was charging me 50$ to find out.