stripped nut on brake line

patrick4588

Integra God
apparently whatever queer that installed these aftermarket brake lines decided to either use the wrong size wrench or perhaps even pliers. this nut is monkey fucked. Its the one where the hard line screws into the brake line. Passenger rear side. Does anyone know of ANY way to get a stripped nut off? there is a brake line going thru it, so its not possible to get any kind of closed end wrench or a socket on it. The brake line is leaking, so i have to come up with something. as you can see, completely rounded.

Last edited:

Ballerin1

Cut a bigger nut in half and weld it onto the rounded one, then use a wrench to get it off.

mirrorimg

I was going to say vicegrips before you posted it. Try that first.

He cant weld a nut onto it because theres the line in the way. He needs to take the nut off before he can take the line out, so it isnt possible to weld one on.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i likt to use the flat jawed vise grips and give them a good hard hit with your hand, has never failed me.

XxCaryxX

EDIT: It was the caliper bolt on front right of my G3 and it had stripped threads. Dont know how kicking worked but it was first and last time i did it. LOL