Struck by the Brake Pedal Stopper

mjones73

So apparently there's a little rubber stopper on the brake pedal that depresses the brake light switch to turn off your brake lights. Over time it dry rots til it will break out then your brake lights get stuck on. I found this out the hard way when my car wouldn't start. Luckily I walked behind the car and noticed the lights were stuck on.

Anyway, check out the part on your car next time you're under the dash and consider replacing it if it's looking bad since it's only a $1.77.

96GreenDB

6 days after I bought my current integra, on my birthday at that, me and my girlfriend went to dinner and then walked on the beach and when I started the car nothing happened. It was dark out and i had no flashlight. Well it was the stopper on the clutch. I bought two from honda and Im glad I did because a month later to the day my brake one went haha.

96GreenDB

Yeah Id get one, I had to get my gf to reach up and push in the button to get the car started since my hands were too fat haha. Embarrassing lol.

mjones73

Yeah Id get one, I had to get my gf to reach up and push in the button to get the car started since my hands were too fat haha. Embarrassing lol.
That sucks. I luckily had just gotten 2 new clips for the marker lights, was able to slide one of them over the hole in the brake pedal. It's my rig job til the new stopper gets here.

96GreenDB

Good luck bro, brake is easy, clutch is a nightmare from hell to get to it and get the new one in. SUCKS. lol

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Meh, I replaced my stopper with a bolt and a few washers and a locking nut.
Seems to be doing the job fine.

Dm of mD