Strut Bar, What Will Work? What won't?

benhello777

I just recently bought a 1988 acura integra. It is a 4 door. A friend of mine owned one of these cars before me and had a front and rear strut bars. I am having a hard time finding a bar that is made for my car.

So my question for the forms is: What types of bars are most effective? What bars will fit my car, and will these bars require modification?

I really just don't want to be spending time and money on something that isn't right for my car.

Noneed2Hate

If you browse the forum store there are tons of strut bar options that will fit your vehicle (assuming you order it for the right car, but there are descriptions to help avoid this)

I am running a DC sports Rear strut bar right now and looking at getting the same brand for a front.

I'd avoid most of the ebay "JDM" strut bars you might see and get something from a fairly reputable brand.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I really didn't see any gain from it at this point but if a strut bar is what you been looking for, get a solid bar. Nothing that has flex from pivot points where its connect, like generic bars that are adjustable. I have DC Sport Cs2, they are solid steel.

Noneed2Hate

I really didn't see any gain from it at this point but if a strut bar is what you been looking for, get a solid bar. Nothing that has flex from pivot points where its connect, like generic bars that are adjustable. I have DC Sport Cs2, they are solid steel.

x2 that's why I got the DC sport too, because no joints.

Nick_C78

He is 100% correct. A solid strut bar is the way to go. Anything with a pivot point will net minimum gains if any. Do not waste money on anything adjustable. You might have to get a custom one made or alter a DA strut bar.