Strykr's 94 Integra RS Build

Strykr

I just saved a white 94 Integra from its previous owner for $300, car needs a bit of work since the previous owner never even did basic maintence. The worst part is he is a local mechanic too. Anyways the car is a nearly stock 5-speed 94 RS, when I bought it the car already had a AEM warm air intake and 2.5" cat-back exhaust. The car REALLY badly needs routine maintence from the past year lol, rust to be removed and new sheet metal/paint in rear quarters and on the hatch under the spoiler, transmission needs to be looked at since 3rd gear is done, moonroof needs replacing and the extremely high idle needs to be looked at.

Last edited:

Strykr

Since I had taken these pictures I sanded down some areas of the car and repainted it. The more severe things will need to be cut out, welded and repainted. The moonroof is going to end up being removed and welded up also, unless I can find a replacement for cheap in the next couple days. Its going to be starting to snow lots in the next week, so I need to make sure my interior wont get filled with snow lol I also need to find out what is wrong with my heater, so im not freezing in the mornings.

Strykr

Well I went out and picked up a bunch of fuses thinking that those were the most likely problems for the heater and A/C not working since most of the fuse slots had fuses with the wrong Amp's in them. But even after replacing every fuse inside the fuse box and a few of the ones in the engine bay, still nothing works...

itzrivera

damnnnn bro, the car needs alot of work. but more respect to you for saving it. Good Luck and im in for more progress :thumbs up

Strykr

After playing with the car today I found out that the main heater fuse under the hood is popped, so I have to replace that. The hot/cold lever tab snapped so I don't know if I can replace the lever or need to replace the whole heater control unit. I also either have a shot bulb in the cluster or the CEL warning light just doesn't work anymore, hope it's a bulb. I will try to replace that tomorrow and see what happens. I plan to hopefully get the heater and CEL light to work tomorrow so I can finally find what codes I'm getting.

Strykr

Well over the past bit I have replaced the instrument cluster bulbs, replaced the 40A fuse for the heat, removed then inspected the heater control unit, tested the blower motor and replaced the heater resistor... Still have no heat... and now thats its -20*C and snow everywhere just to find out my rear defogger doesnt work either. I also found out that my head gasket is cracked.

So no heat + missing sunroof + no defogger = Me Pissed, Cold and Pain to Drive!! lol

Also walk out at lunch today and then find out my passenger side mirror crack in half!

ewall09

I wasn't aware that RS Integra had a sunroof :/

Strykr

I think it was installed aftermarket.. Cant tell with all the RTV sealant the guy put on the car, as shown in pictures above.

Screech

beer budget white trash
wow. this will be a great build!
a lot of people go with the 98+ fronts so you know you can get the 94-97's for on the inexepnsive side.
that hack job of a sunroof, you could put a carbon roof cover over it expensive for a honda 400 bucks.
I really dont know how you could fix the spray bombed interior parts, maybe paint thinner and sema paint.
good luck man!

Strykr

The roof is either getting welded with sheet metal or I'm getting another sunroof. As for the interior all the painted parts are out and I used paint stripper to get it off, isn't working all to well there is still parts where it didn't strip. So I'm going to have to redo it to get more off. Then I'll be repainting it black. I'm still trying to solve the no heat issue, as I'm freezing with the ice cold weather in Canada:p

teggyboi59

95teggy
Check ur antifreeze nd ur heater core hoses bro they might be looped .. good luck wit the build bro props for u for saving another teggy

mirrorimg

You have a mighty big project on your hands, but from the sound of it you know what to do.

The temp slider on the heater control should open a valve in the engine bay on the firewall. The cable runs from the heater control, to under the passenger side of the dash where its connected to a lever on the airbox, then out through the firewall to a valve. The valve will have the cable attached to it, and it opens/closes to allow hot coolant into the heater core in the car. If theres no valve, and the heater hoses are connected, someone looped the system to bypass the heater core. If thats the case, it may have been leaking at one point.