stuck sparkplug!!!!!!

slik92teg

ok so i have a couple of problems, the biggest one right now is that one of my sparkplugs is stuck and i cannot get it out, it only turns a little bit to each side but thats about it, i have pulled as hard as i can but it just wont come out, anyone have any ideas on what i can do to take it out? also my car right now has no power at all, i floor it and the engine gets louder but i just dont get the same pull as i used to before and when im driving it and i turn it off and then try to start it it will just crank over but it wont start or it will start but emidiately die, i have to wait a while before i can start it again, im not sure what it could be. is it hard to do a complete tune up on the engine? like a refresher rebuild? what do i need to buy to do it? :???:

Surferman

If you have it unswrewd you can try a magnet, or a rubber hose that barely fits over the top of the spark plug[you can test the size on one of your new ones] and fit it over the top and pull straight out. I don't think needlenose pliers are long enough.[atleast not on mine].

And there are ton of things you can do to "refresh" your engine[like tuneups, replace parts, etc. I don't know to much about it but someone else will.

slik92teg

no its not that i cant get it out of because i cant reach it, its that i cant even get it of the threads, it wont unscrew at all, it barely moves, ive tried it when the engine is hot, cold and nothing happens :x

Surferman

You should be able to get a rachet around it with an extension!
I don't think its suppose to move any side to side if its screwed in, if it is i think you have a problem... :[
And they shouldnt be torqued but to 13lb-ft. I know mine were hard to unsrew too though. I cant remember if i used a breaker bar or not.
Hope its not cross threaded in there.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
If you have it unswrewd you can try a magnet, or a rubber hose that barely fits over the top of the spark plug[you can test the size on one of your new ones] and fit it over the top and pull straight out. I don't think needlenose pliers are long enough.[atleast not on mine].

And there are ton of things you can do to "refresh" your engine[like tuneups, replace parts, etc. I don't know to much about it but someone else will.
well. i have used a needlenose plier before. not short and stubby ones. actual long ones and they have worked. a friend snapped of mine with an LS managed to snap 2 wires when he couldnt get 2 plugs out. he unscrewed everything correctly but it wouldnt budge. so i insisted on the tool and it came out with ease. just be careful not to scratch the walls.

slik92teg

ok so i finally got it out, but when i did the spark plug was covered in oil, i know thats not normal, so does anyone have an idea of what it is, i checked the other plugs and none of them have oil, only that one. anything will help, thanks:shock:

Man A

homewreker
try replacing the valve cover gasket along with the 4 round gaskets that are for the spark plugs

Groundfx

yeah sounds like a o-ring gasket/seal went bad. It's allowing oil to leak down onto the threads.