sub and install help for system

Jmoney187

LivinLow
In my truck now i have a 10" kicker solobaric L7, powered by a Kicker KX550.2 amp. etc... My teg is a daily so i'm putting the system in it. Since its a hatchbak i want to go louder so i was either thinking of getting a slot ported box to throw the sub in or run 2 L7's in a sealed box. I've heard/had the sub in both enclosures but it sounds different in every vehicle.
Any suggestions on whether to go ported or sealed??

wisconsinjdm

well if your running two subs it will definatly sound better, if you want the best of both go with 2 L7's and a sloted box,

rainstateracer

Put your sub into a slot ported box and make sure you point the port towards the back of your ride and just adjust your amp and deck and it should be more than enough sound for a hatch back....if you go with two L7's, you may need to get a new amp....why waste the money when you have everything you need

Or you could always build a custom box for your Integra....that would be phat!!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I recommend a sealed box. Ported/slotted boxes play a few decibels louder than a sealed box, given the same power to each. But a sealed box will play the really low bass louder than a ported/slotted box. That's the tradeoff between the two. The sub is kept under better control by the amp in a sealed box, the bass will sound more solid because transient response is increased. Bass will sound "tighter" in a sealed box. You want quantity or quality?
I have a single 12 inch L7 in a sealed box, sounds great!

Anyone wanna buy this setup?