Submit for May '11 ROTM

whitedc4

how is it a popularity contest?

8urcivic is 20x more known than i am. and he is known for his build.
the only vote that i know i got because of being friends was probably dylan and tyler other than that i half expected to have maybe 4 votes. rotm right before this years roty the most votes i got was like 3.

just because you lost doesn't mean you lost because of a popularity contest... maybe you took the wrong pics of your car and maybe you didn't make the text flashy enough. its all about how you present yourself. judges at any show don't care about what you've put into it.. they care about the over all presentation. just like going to the track your judged on what you produce and what number you put down given its not by a person its by a timer but its not what someone read about you....

the pictures are probably the most important part of the whole deal... if you want ur rotm title i can gladly just give it to you..

..../rant

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
besides the rant, i was actually impressed rachel kept bumping the thread. she was in first and continued to ask people to vote...that could literally cause her nothing but harm. in all reality, if 8urcivic would have stayed in it, he probably would have one this month. he had my vote till he dropped out (and no i didnt vote for rachel last month)

where's dylan when you need someone to lol at the ci drama?

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
how is it a popularity contest?

8urcivic is 20x more known than i am. and he is known for his build.
the only vote that i know i got because of being friends was probably dylan and tyler other than that i half expected to have maybe 4 votes. rotm right before this years roty the most votes i got was like 3.

just because you lost doesn't mean you lost because of a popularity contest... maybe you took the wrong pics of your car and maybe you didn't make the text flashy enough. its all about how you present yourself. judges at any show don't care about what you've put into it.. they care about the over all presentation. just like going to the track your judged on what you produce and what number you put down given its not by a person its by a timer but its not what someone read about you....

the pictures are probably the most important part of the whole deal... if you want ur rotm title i can gladly just give it to you..

..../rant

i never once said one word about you or who won or lost. i simply said i did not want to be a part of a popularity contest. This isnt something that happened over night. Its been like this for a few months or maybe years. seems to me that you think this is about you, you are strongly mistaken dear.

If you really think that "rotm" is some big deal....ask the people who have won before what they won. NOTHING. Its just something competitive to follow on a forum. There are no hard feelings towards you for your "WIN." You deserve it.:eek:k:

whitedc4

i never once said one word about you or who won or lost. i simply said i did not want to be a part of a popularity contest. This isnt something that happened over night. Its been like this for a few months or maybe years. seems to me that you think this is about you, you are strongly mistaken dear.

If you really think that "rotm" is some big deal....ask the people who have won before what they won. NOTHING. Its just something competitive to follow on a forum. There are no hard feelings towards you for your "WIN." You deserve it.:eek:k:
so if you don't want to be a part of some popularity contest why did you even bother running last month? because it was your birthday month....who cares? its still being in a contest that apparently to you is some popularity deal. and what didn't happen over night?

and no i don't think rotm is a big deal i was amazed that i won.. and like i said if you want your title i'll be more than happy to take out my entry from last month and you can just have it. i don't understand why you said what you said and yes you were directing it towards me how else would you have meant it...

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i dont submit cause i wanna let other folks win.... hahaha im so full of shit tonight.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
Guess i ran to see if i was as cool as you.

thanks for proving me wrong. ;)

back to rotm yet? or you wanna make an spo thread?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i simply said i did not want to be a part of a popularity contest. This isnt something that happened over night. Its been like this for a few months or maybe years.
Unfortunately, it has been for as long as I can remember, and I've been running it for years. There's just not much that can be done about it. People will vote for their friends because they are friends, and that reason alone.
i was actually impressed rachel kept bumping the thread. she was in first and continued to ask people to vote...that could literally cause her nothing but harm.
True, bumping a stuck thread isn't likely to help anything. :lol:

Now, back to ROTM.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
it does bump it to the top of new posts!
But that still doesn't really accomplish anything. It will still appear in the "new posts" of anyone who hasn't viewed the thread. All bumping it does is put it in the new posts of people who have already viewed it.