Subs

Ganyon

That's the thing. I'm still debating on what I want. I could probably get an amp free and the car is already wired.

BeatBox

Real Good!
DC Audio makes some sick 8in Subs but they are pricey, i have a set of 12s im trying to sell $150 Diamond Audio D3 they sound pretty good, have a few amps sitting around but since my cars stays outside i dont wanna take a change on getting it broken into...

Ganyon

I just want something to give it a little bump. My dad had a camaro with 2 12's in the back and we were at a stoplight and the rearview mirror of the car next to us fell off.

BeatBox

Real Good!
I just want something to give it a little bump. My dad had a camaro with 2 12's in the back and we were at a stoplight and the rearview mirror of the car next to us fell off.
DAMN! im getting two DC 18s in mine :) two 2-3K Amps, 2 Xspower Batteries, HO Alternator, all 0g wire...

Ganyon

Haha the funny thing is that when my dad traded the car he left all that stuff in there and when he went to drop it off at the dealer he turned everything up and the t-tops cracked.

BeatBox

Real Good!
Haha the funny thing is that when my dad traded the car he left all that stuff in there and when he went to drop it off at the dealer he turned everything up and the t-tops cracked.
tegs get loud easy, if your into audio that is, if you just want alittle upgrade nothing crazy then one sub should be good. this is my boy Derecks teg at Slamology in Indianapolis.....i want something like that :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuDSneZDdjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RtzdwShZrE&feature=related

Last edited:

GA TEG

Here is my most simple yet ironically the most rewarding sub/sob-box I had ever done in my Integra. 2 cubes, tuned to roughly 33hz. Our G3 integra hatchbacks peak at 44hz and typical this box will peak at that frequency depending on woofer selection. The box was made from 3/4'' MDF and weighed 41 lbs. If I built it out of birch I could have probably gotten the weight down to roughly 25 lbs.

I ran a RE Audio SE 12'' woofer in it, giving it about 500-600 watts with a Hifonics amplifier. I went to a couple competitions with it and was able to squeeze a 139.8 db(Sealed up, on the dash, TL meter) out of it which is VERY respectable for a single 12'' woofer on that power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twi1UtHJLiU

GA TEG

Beat box. I am telling you man. Do a trunk set up first before you ditch the back seats. No one expects 150s out of a trunk but if they see a wall/half-wall they expect nothing less than 150.

Yeah the Integra hatch's resonant frequency is amazing. It is so easy to get a 31-34hz box to respond well in it as most boxes tend to peak 10hz higher than tuning while in that tuning range.

BeatBox

Real Good!
Beat box. I am telling you man. Do a trunk set up first before you ditch the back seats. No one expects 150s out of a trunk but if they see a wall/half-wall they expect nothing less than 150.

Yeah the Integra hatch's resonant frequency is amazing. It is so easy to get a 31-34hz box to respond well in it as most boxes tend to peak 10hz higher than tuning while in that tuning range.
yeah i cant wait to put a system in, i have some batteries, HO alt, some amps, subs and all the wires needed, i make my own boxes. but car sits outside so a system is not really a good idea now. got any video of your car? im almost considering walling off the back half of the car :)

GA TEG

Yeah lol. I forgot I didn't carry my user name on over to this forum.

OP, are you comfortable working with wood?