Subwoofer rant

Matt Parsons

Just got my subwoofer parts today!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777BB10T/Sound-Ordnance-Bass-Bunker.html?tp=127&tab=features_and_specs

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSS2501/Pioneer-TS-SW2501S4.html?search=pioneer+subwoofer&tp=111&tab=features_and_specs

The sub box fits PERFECTLY in the Integra, like a glove. Couldn't be happier with it.

Unfortunately the sub doesn't fit in the box, the diameter is a little too big. The mounting diameter for this sub is 9 5/16", which makes it about 1/16"-2/16" bigger than every single sub box on the Crutchfield website except for the $150 Pioneer box...

Lame.

Looks like I'll be attacking the box with a dremel today.

stevoqb916

why are you going with a shallow sub??? theres a ton of room in the back and with the shallows it wont hit your deep bass as good

Matt Parsons

good luck with that dremel!
Thanks! Took about an hour and it made a ton of dust, but the sub is in there snug and secure. Now I just have to wait for tomorrow so it'll stop raining, and I can install the new system...

why are you going with a shallow sub??? theres a ton of room in the back and with the shallows it wont hit your deep bass as good
I need a ton of room to move my gear around. Got a few guitars and a rack, and will be getting a 212 guitar amp.

BeatBox

Real Good!
should of made a custom box, not that hard and for $30-40 would of had something that would of been alot better than that prefab and had some $$ in your pocket :) too bad you dont live near by id hook you up with a box aslong as you bought the supplies.

take the dremel to it i guess, hopefully it sounds good! let us know how it turns out

Matt Parsons

should of made a custom box, not that hard and for $30-40 would of had something that would of been alot better than that prefab and had some $$ in your pocket :) too bad you dont live near by id hook you up with a box aslong as you bought the supplies.

take the dremel to it i guess, hopefully it sounds good! let us know how it turns out
Yeah, the box isn't that well constructed, BUT it does its job pretty well. The car is a terrible listening environment anyway, so as long as its clear and loud enough to get over road noise I am happy.

I got the sub/amp/box all in my car now, took the better part of 10 hours between dremeling the box out, soldering the new head unit harness, taking the carpet/seats/panels out, etc.. but its a really clean install, and it takes up barely any room. The sound is really impressive, VERY loud, but still tight and very clear. I had it set up with maximum bass boost and maximum gain for a while (holy shit BOOOM), but after about an hour of that the amp overheated and went into protection mode. I turned it down to a more reasonable (but still pretty damn loud) level, and its been performing great for at least a few hours of driving.

The amp I got is a Bazooka MGA1500? I think. 320W at 4ohms, class AB. I kind of wish I had gone for the Alpine equivalent, since its Class D and will be a lot lighter/cooler/smaller for the same size, but saving an extra $100 was pretty attractive.

00tegls

i got a 15" kicker l5 with a precision power 850 watt amp. 4 gauge wire and 12 gauge speaker wire :)